Star is a global consultancy that connects strategy, design, engineering, and marketing services into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way — no matter how long or complex the technology-based business journey. Our strategists, designers, and engineers create useful, scalable technology products and solutions. We are 750 strategists, designers, engineers, and marketers in 12 locations around the world, and we are here to make every great idea, every great person, and every great company shine. That is why we’re called Star.
This is a unique role that would let you experience all the aspects of the consultancy business. You will communicate with potential clients directly and get to know how their business works, get insights into the challenges they face, and apply your tech skills to building software solutions in close cooperation with our commercial teams.
You’ll have an amazing opportunity to receive a diverse experience by working as a Cloud & IoT subject matter expert with our Automotive & Mobility industry team, our globally distributed metro teams, delivery organization, and Star’s clients.
- 7+ years of IT experience mainly in the area of Solution Architecture with a focus on emerging Cloud & IoT technologies
- Experience in delivering projects for Automotive clients (Fleet Management software, Connected Vehicle platforms, IoT solutions or automotive)
- Extensive experience in cloud technologies, ideally Azure and/or AWS
- Proficiency in software development using languages such as Java, Python, Node.js, or Go
- Ability to define high-level software and system architectures for Cloud & IoT solutions
- 2+ years experience participating in the presales process including proposals preparation, architecture documents creation, estimates
- Excellent, proven interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills
- Analytical and conceptual thinking – using logic and reason, creative and strategic thought process
- Excellent communication skills in English. The ability to lead business and technology discussions directly with Star’s commercial teams as well as with clients and prospective clients
— Take part in client and prospective client meetings, capture technical notes, create technical documentation and provide reference documents for offshore production teams
— Take part in client and prospective client workshops. Investigate client requests and problems. Analyze options and propose solutions
— Along with the rest of the team, craft compelling proposals and pitches that are built on a strong narrative and are technically state-of-the-art
— Facilitate and assist product delivery teams in planning and managing the execution of software development projects through all steps of the development lifecycle
— Hands-on contribution to system and software architecture definition and software implementation of software development projects
— Contribute to defining and enhancing our global FinTech industry
— An ability to adapt to the ever-changing industry and team’s needs
Desired skills (any of the below will be a huge advantage, you don’t need to possess all of them):
- Knowledge of data science, Artificial Intelligence, and Machine Learning
- Experience with big data design and implementation – ingestion, hubs, lakes, factories, streams
- Experience in working with distributed, international development teams
- Understanding of DevOps and infrastructure challenges
- Experience running tech due diligence process for the clients
- Experience participating in & leading R&D activities
Compensation and Benefits
Star offers a very competitive salary and benefits package, as well as an intellectually and creatively stimulating work environment, flexible working hours, and unique international travel opportunities.