Please note that to work remotely, you should be a resident of the country specified in the job description.
At Star, we connect strategy, insights, design and engineering into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way—no matter how long or complex their journey becomes. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames which, in turn, enables our multidisciplinary teams to create superior solutions and impressive commercial returns for our clients.
Star is truly global. That’s why we are the first major consulting company that does not have a headquarters. Instead, we have many front doors, including Silicon Valley, Tokyo, London, Munich, Copenhagen, Kyiv, Wroclaw, Ho Chi Minh City and many other vibrant design, technology and creative hubs around the world. Our spirited and growing 750+ strong Star People take immense pride in working side-by-side with their trailblazing counterparts at some of the world’s most disruptive “unicorn” startups and iconic global brands like Lufthansa, Dolby Laboratories, BMW, Panasonic, Walmart and Zeiss.
Our mission is to make every great person, every great idea and every great company shine. That’s why we’re called Star.
You will be an essential part of the Star FinTech industry. Your major tasks will be to communicate with potential clients to get insights into the challenges they face and apply your technical skills to create solution architecture, and then lead dev teams in building high-quality products.
You will work with product managers, designers, architects, and SMEs of our industry team to deliver solution architectures, work breakdown structures, estimates, and project timelines for clients. This role would let you experience all the aspects of the consultancy business and participate in pre-sales, discovery, and delivery projects.
Qualifications and experience:
- The individual will be an independent-thinking technical generalist with 8+ years of professional experience in tech product development;
- Good knowledge of different architecture styles, patterns, and trade-offs;
- 3+ years of strong client-facing experience and the ability to understand client challenges and provide articulate solutions;
- Experience with leading teams of engineers during a project delivery;
- Hands-on experience with using popular cloud platforms to deliver highly available software cloud solutions;
- Some experience with FinTech domain and willingness to immerse yourself into this domain;
- Understanding of software development lifecycle and agile development process (including agile engineering practices and DevOps);
- Experience in building integrations with different products and services using APIs and SDKs;
- Hands-on knowledge and experience with NodeJS, Golang, or Python;
- Recent hands-on experience with backend development;
- Advanced English skills;
- The ability to lead technical discussions directly with Star’s commercial teams as well as clients and prospective clients.
Would be a plus:
- Experience architecting FinTech for Financial Services applications in the areas of money management, digital banking, fintech platforms, insurance or e-commerce businesses;
- Experience building PCI DSS compliant solutions;
- Recent hands-on experience with both frontend (Web) and backend development;
- Experience building microservices using container orchestration engines, such as kubernetes;
- Experience leading distributed, international development teams;
- Excellent and proven level of interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills.
- Participate in pre-sales and discovery projects;
- Gain business insights during workshops with clients and create work breakdown sheets together with product managers and other architects;
- Research technical solutions and do proof of concepts when necessary;
- Document solution architecture and architectural decisions;
- Provide technical estimates and define required team structure for delivering a solution;
- Present technical solution architecture to clients;
- Craft compelling proposals and pitches in collaboration with other FinTech team members;
- Facilitate and assist product delivery teams in planning and managing the execution of software development projects through all steps of the development lifecycle;
- Lead development teams of 3-6 engineers; and
- Contribute to defining and enhancing our global FinTech industry.
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a rewarding compensation and benefits package, intellectually and creatively stimulating environment, professional flexibility and unique international travel opportunities.
Star is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that equity, diversity and inclusion are key to our ability to provide our clients and crew members with unique business and career outcomes. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability have no effect on our hiring decisions. If you have any particular needs that require accommodation, please let us know.