Please note that to work remotely, you should be a resident of the country specified in the job description.
If you are a bold, technology-savvy professional who aims to develop high-quality technical solutions—this is a position for you!
At Star, we connect strategy, insights, design and engineering into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way—no matter how long or complex their journey becomes. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames which, in turn, enables our multidisciplinary teams to create superior solutions and impressive commercial returns for our clients.
Star is truly global. That’s why we are the first major consulting company that does not have a headquarters. Instead, we have many front doors, including Silicon Valley, Tokyo, London, Munich, Copenhagen, Kyiv, Wroclaw, Ho Chi Minh City and many other vibrant design, technology and creative hubs around the world. Our spirited and growing 750+ strong Star People take immense pride in working side-by-side with their trailblazing counterparts at some of the world’s most disruptive “unicorn” startups and iconic global brands like Lufthansa, Dolby Laboratories, BMW, Panasonic, Walmart and Zeiss.
Our mission is to make every great person, every great idea and every great company shine. That’s why we’re called Star.
This is a unique role that would let you experience all the aspects of the consultancy business. You will communicate with potential clients directly and get to know how their business works, get insights into the challenges they face and apply your tech skills to building software solutions in close cooperation with our commercial teams.
You’ll have an amazing opportunity to receive a diverse experience by working as an HMI subject matter expert with our Automotive & Mobility industry team, our globally distributed metro teams, delivery organization, and Star’s clients.
You will also have the opportunity to shape the company’s capabilities development strategy and execute on it as the Team Leader and later, Technology Director.
- 7+ years of IT experience mainly in the area of Solution Architecture with a focus on emerging HMI technologies;
- Experience in delivering HMI projects for Automotive clients (OEMs, Tier 1/2s);
- Experience working with Linux, QNX, and/or Android;
- 5+ years experience working with C/C++ and Embedded systems development;
- Experience developing user interfaces with HMI UI toolkits (QT/QML, Kanzi UI, Altia or others);
- An ability to define high-level software and system architectures for HMI solutions;
- 2+ years experience participating in the presales process including proposals preparation, architecture documents creation, estimates;
- Excellent, proven interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills;
- Analytical and conceptual thinking – using logic and reason, creative and strategic thought process;
- Excellent communication skills in English. The ability to lead business and technology discussions directly with Star’s commercial teams as well as with clients and prospective clients.
Would be a plus:
- Exposure to latest HMI technology architectures, 3D Engines;
- Proven track record of delivering production-ready HMIs;
- Working knowledge of Display/Graphics sharing with VMs over a Hypervisor setup;
- Experience in working with distributed, international development teams;
- Experience participating in & leading R&D activities.
- Participation in prospective client meetings as a subject matter expert on Star’s HMI solutions for Automotive, presenting Star’s technology offering;
- Take part in client and prospective client workshops. Investigate client requests and problems. Analyze options and propose solutions;
- Active contribution to technology research and proposals preparation during presales;
- Contribution to the evolution of Star’s HMI offering for the Automotive & Mobility industry;
- Architecture definition and hands-on contribution on the early stages of software development projects;
- Playing an active role in developing internal R&D initiatives.
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a rewarding compensation and benefits package, intellectually and creatively stimulating environment, professional flexibility and unique international travel opportunities.
Star is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that equity, diversity and inclusion are key to our ability to provide our clients and crew members with unique business and career outcomes. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability have no effect on our hiring decisions. If you have any particular needs that require accommodation, please let us know.