Please note that to work remotely, you should be a resident of the country specified in the job description.
At Star, we connect strategy, insights, design, and engineering into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way—no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our multidisciplinary teams to create superior solutions and impressive commercial returns for our clients.
Star is truly global. That is why we are the first major consulting company that does not have headquarters. Instead, we have many front doors, spanning Silicon Valley, Tokyo, London, Munich, Copenhagen, Kyiv, Wroclaw, Ho Chi Minh City, and other vibrant design, technology, and creative nuclei of the world. Our spirited and growing 750+ strong Star Crew takes great pride in working side by side with their trailblazing counterparts at some of the world’s most disruptive “unicorn” startups and iconic global brands like Lufthansa, Dolby Laboratories, BMW, Panasonic, Walmart, and Zeiss.
Our mission is to make every great person, every great idea, and every great company shine. That’s why we’re called Star.
You will be an essential part of the Star Health & Wellness industry and your major tasks will be to deliver deep technical content, investigate client requests and problems, facilitating and assisting product delivery teams in planning and managing the execution of software development projects through all steps of the development lifecycle. You will work together with our global industry team, our local metro teams as well as our engineering teams in different locations.
- The individual will be an independent-thinking technical generalist with 8+ years of professional experience in tech product development;
- 5+ years of strong client-facing experience and the ability to understand client challenges and articulate solutions;
- Solid experience and deep understanding of the Health & Wellness industry;
- Experience with Healthcare 3rd party services integrations (EMR, insurance, HL7, etc.);
- Experience architecting solutions to meet medical regulation (HIPAA, FDA, PHI security);
- Demonstrated experience in the conceptualization and development of products in digital healthcare, medtech, and Life sciences;
- Understanding of software development lifecycle and agile development process (including agile engineering practices and DevOps);
- Hands-on knowledge and experience with at least one of the modern server- and client-side technical stacks:
- BE Stack: Java, node.js, Go, Python, Scala;
- Good knowledge of cybersecurity and sensitive information processing approaches, related regulatory requirements and standards;
- Excellent communication skills in English. The ability to lead business and technology discussions directly with Star’s commercial teams as well as with clients and prospective clients.
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with design-driven problem solving and product development approaches;
- Experience with ISO 13485 projects (at least Class II devices);
- Experience in working with and leading distributed, international development teams;
- Experience with compliance documentation creation (SoP);
- Familiarity with one or several of:
- Mobile applications development;
- Data science;
- Take part in client and prospective client meetings, capture technical notes, create technical documentation and provide reference documents for offshore production teams;
- Take part in client and prospective client workshops. Investigate client requests and problems. Analyze options and propose solutions;
- Along with the rest of the team, craft compelling proposals and pitches that are built on a strong narrative and are technically state-of-the-art;
- Facilitate and assist product delivery teams in planning and managing the execution of software development projects through all steps of the development lifecycle;
- Hands-on contribution to system and software architecture definition and software implementation of software development projects;
- Contribute to defining and enhancing our global Health and Wellness industry;
- An ability to adapt to the ever-changing industry and team’s needs.
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a rewarding compensation and benefits package, intellectually and creatively stimulating environment, professional flexibility and unique international travel opportunities.
Star is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that equity, diversity and inclusion are key to our ability to provide our clients and crew members with unique business and career outcomes. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability have no effect on our hiring decisions. If you have a special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.