We are looking for a Solutions Strategist who will take on a leading role in challenging and inspiring our prospective clients, while positioning Star to be their technology innovation partner. This role will be a key contributor to driving sales and strategic growth at Star, and help our customers envision and deliver groundbreaking product and service experiences.
The Solutions Strategist will partner closely with the local Commercial Lead and Design Strategist, as well as with the rest of the local team and with the global Star team, to identify and pursue strategic growth opportunities. You should be dedicated to building partnerships, collaborating with customers to understand their needs, identifying complex business and technical challenges, creating winning proposals, as well as architecting, planning, and managing the development of technology solutions that create a deep and tangible impact.
You will collaborate with technical delivery teams to support your initiatives and define delivery approaches and work packages for new engagements. As customer opportunities turn into projects and programs, you will support the core project team’s efforts as a subject matter expert, and lead select research, discovery, and delivery engagements. You will also partner with other Solutions Strategists globally as well as with Star Project Management, Product Management, Customer Success, Design, and CTO offices to share best practices, and contribute to the creation and expansion of our technology, product management, and solutions delivery practices.
Our Solutions Strategists are some of our most prominent thought leaders, and you will have the opportunity to have your thoughts, ideas, and perspectives crafted into public thought leadership, as well as helping to educate fellow team members globally on key trends.
The ideal candidate has both a technology solutions development and entrepreneurial mindset and is someone who’s willing to roll up their sleeves and contribute to the growth and vitality of Star. Charisma, ambition, and confidence are essential, and the successful candidate will also be humble, disarming, and a team player. We value pragmatism, which to us means creating real solutions to real challenges for real people. Last but not least, attention to detail and always striving to do better is critical, because ‘good enough’ is never good enough.
- Deep understanding of software development processes, including agile engineering, QA, DevOps practices
- Hands-on experience in engineering complex software solutions, within all of cloud, web and mobile layers
- Experience in supporting pre-sales activities, leading client workshops and meetings
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally 10-20% of the time
Nice to have:
- Experience in some of our key business and technology domains: Automotive & Mobility, Health & Wellness, Industry & Manufacturing, FinTech, AdTech & MarTech, and Consumer Electronics
- Prior work experience in a Consulting/Architecture position within a software and/or services company
- Experience with the entrepreneurial dynamics of a start-up
- Native Danish
- Analysis of technology aspects of prospective client’s businesses and identification of their technology-related needs and challenges
- Prospective client-facing communication in business development contexts, from early exploratory discussions to Q’n’A sessions, to final pitch presentations, comfortable in front of C-level audiences
- In coordination with the rest of the participating team, planning and facilitating workshops with customers to define high-level system and software architectures as well as solution scope. As part of that, being comfortable with the white-board and workshop-style problem analysis
- Crafting compelling proposals and pitches that are built on a strong narrative, and are technically state-of-the-art
- Contributing to thought leadership and other marketing initiatives via internal R&D initiatives and industry events participation, publication of white papers and blog posts, organization of webinars, etc.
- Contributing to refining and enhancing software development and business development processes