At Star, we connect strategy, insights, design and engineering into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way—no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our multidisciplinary teams to create superior solutions and impressive commercial returns for our clients.
Star is truly global. That is why we are the first major consulting company that does not have headquarters. Instead, we have many front doors spanning Silicon Valley, Tokyo, London, Munich, Copenhagen, Kyiv, Wroclaw, Ho Chi Minh City and other vibrant design, technology and creative nuclei of the world. Our spirited and growing 750+ strong Star Crew takes great pride in working side by side with their trailblazing counterparts at some of the world’s most disruptive “unicorn” startups and iconic global brands like Lufthansa, Dolby Laboratories, BMW, Panasonic, Walmart and Zeiss.
Our mission is to make every great person, every great idea, and every great company shine. That’s why we’re called Star.
Star is looking for an energetic, hard-working and sociable Community Manager for our Sunnyvale location. This position is the heartbeat of the community—responsible for connecting members, maintaining occupancy levels and setting the tone of the space with warmth and optimism.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to produce reports, assign tasks, accept instructions and handle vendor contracts;
- Organization and the ability to multitask to complete a variety of tasks;
- Flexibility to adjust to new tasks should company or office needs change;
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact positively with all employees;
- Leadership ability to manage challenges and oversee employees;
- Attention to detail to ensure tasks are completed thoroughly and correctly.
- 1-3 years’ experience in operations management, accounting, finance, and/or HR (ideally at a tech start-up);
- Technical skills, including Microsoft Office Suite, Google Sheets;
- Familiarity with QuickBooks;
- Excellent written and verbal skills;
- Good time management and the ability to work in fast paced, collaborative environment;
- Be a self-starter, highly motivated individual.
Nice to have:
- Understanding of Design;
- Active member of an online community;
- Experience working in a startup environment.
- Help maintain effective communication and collaboration among the Star team;
- Serve as the primary receptionist for phone calls, respond to the general email account.
- Act as tech set up and facilitate note-taking/distribution for meetings.
- Process daily mail as well, weekly invoices and outgoing check activity;
- Help keep the office well-maintained, inclusive of some cleaning tasks;
- Assist with Star organizational and event insurance needs;
- Monitor office supplies and order as necessary;
- Facilitate relationships with IT companies and manage personnel computer needs;
- Manage various office accounts and equipment (phones, printers, utilities, AV system, etc.);
- Support the Director of Ops with various tasks (email, support, etc.);
- Help onboard new clients (office tour, paperwork, email, calendars, etc.);
- Prepare beverages as needed for staff and visitors in the office.
Compensations and Benefits
We offer a rewarding compensation and benefits package, intellectually and creatively stimulating environment, professional flexibility and unique international travel opportunities.
Star is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that equity, diversity and inclusion are key to our ability to provide our clients and crew members with unique business and career outcomes. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability have no effect on our hiring decisions. If you have a special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.