Your mission is to create an outstanding workplace environment for our design studio in Munich and to make the client & employee experience extraordinary and magical.
You will support location needs with a variety of daily responsibilities requiring hospitality, superb customer service, and heightened accountability. The Studio Operations Manager is often the first point of contact for Star’s clients and employees, so it is crucial that you ensure a great experience for all who visit the studio. Similar to a luxury hotel environment, you must have an eye for the details that make an experience fantastic.
The Operations Manager role is highly cross-functional; touching finance and accounting, office management and people support.
Additionally, the role demands an entrepreneurial individual with a high level of discretion, empathy, and self-motivation. We are looking for someone who is quick, enthusiastic, and has an extremely high level of organization and attention to detail. Flexibility, curiosity, and multi-tasking are key because of the ever-evolving nature and complexity of our work.
- 1+ year of experience in a hospitality role or similar
- The ability to create a positive and fun workplace
- Experience using collaborative online tools, G Suite, and should be comfortable with basic accounting software
- Collaborative, strong interpersonal skills and be able to build relationships in a diverse and multicultural environment
- Hands-on experience with ambiguity, juggling lots of responsibilities and prioritizing accordingly
- Articulate and confident communication skills and even better listening skills
- Exemplary discretionary skills and demonstrate sound judgment in dealing with confidential dialogs and information
- A customer service attitude and an inclination toward accountability and execution
- Fluent English and German
Nice to have:
- The ability to seek opportunities to help us work smarter via new/refined tools and processes
- Experience organizing external events/meetings
- Prior experience working with tech/design companies
- Help build a great office culture by defining and implementing initiatives in collaboration with studio heads and peers
- Be the primary operational liaison with corporate functions in other locations, such as Finance, Accounting, IT, HR, and Recruiting
- Provide concierge-style services to our clients, guests and employees, ensuring that everyone feels welcomed and taken care of
- Ensure office is well-stocked with supplies needed for the team’s work and well-being
- Handle logistics of client and internal meetings with an eye for creating a unique and delightful experience
- Ensure the public spaces in our office are welcoming, organized and maintain safety standards
- Help design and execute special events such as summer outings and creative sharing sessions
- Build relationships with a local network of vendors to ensure smooth and frictionless operations
- Prepare various types of weekly and monthly financial reporting for our business. You’ll assist with much of the ongoing reporting that goes to senior leadership. Constantly revise these based on our business needs
- Collaborate on special projects as needed