If you are a bold, technology-savvy product professional who aims to develop best-in-class solutions for the Automotive & Mobility industry—this is a position for you!
At Star, we connect strategy, insights, design and engineering into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way—no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our multidisciplinary teams to create superior solutions and impressive commercial returns for our clients.
Star is truly global. That is why we are the first major consulting company that does not have headquarters. Instead, we have many front doors spanning Silicon Valley, Tokyo, London, Munich, Copenhagen, Kyiv, Wroclaw, Ho Chi Minh City and other vibrant design, technology and creative nuclei of the world. Our spirited and growing 750+ strong Star Crew takes great pride in working side by side with their trailblazing counterparts at some of the world’s most disruptive “unicorn” startups and iconic global brands like Lufthansa, Dolby Laboratories, BMW, Panasonic, Walmart and Zeiss.
Our mission is to make every great person, every great idea, and every great company shine. That’s why we’re called Star.
The Star Team works with many of the world's global leaders within the Automotive & Mobility industry. In this role, you will be leading and evolving the A&M Star Product Management perspective within both presales and delivery capacities. In presales, you will engage with clients to identify their product-related needs and create competitive, on-point proposals. For delivery-related matters, you will have the opportunity to define and lead discovery and support workshops with our clients in addition to developing world-class innovative digital products and solutions.
- Evaluate incoming customer requests and needs from the perspective of product development and/or process management;
- Identify and effectively communicate appropriate product domain-oriented solutions to customer request by creating appropriate proposal materials or presentations;
- Collaborate within a global industry pre-sales team to break down opportunities and lead/engage creation of appropriate proposal responses and feedback;
- Lead product discovery and support engagement workshops with customers on various product-development related matters, including customer products or product development processes;
- Closely work with customer and partner teams targeted to develop the optimal strategy and feature set to hit the market;
- Value proposition development and scope definition in coordination with other product stakeholders;
- Engage with our highly skilled design, engineering and QA teams as a product owner to deliver world class innovative digital products and solutions.
Qualifications & Experience
- 7+ years of relevant experience as product manager or product owner/business analyst, well versed in all aspects of product management, including discovery, analytics, development, roadmapping, pricing and revenue modeling;
- Strong experience working with either automotive (OEM's, suppliers) OR mobility service providers (digital solutions supporting mobility journey) customers, delivering best-in-class enterprise solutions to market;
- Deep understanding of software development processes, including Agile engineering, QA, DevOps practices;
- Hands-on experience in engineering complex software solutions, within all of cloud, web and mobile layers;
- Experience with, and a strong interest in, supporting pre-sales activities, leading client workshops and meetings, and a desire to be with customers;
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of common technologies in frontend and backend development to help influence product decisions;
- Experience with technology decision-making, product roadmap, supplier/partner sourcing, design requirements and effort (LOE) estimation;
- Good grasp of visual communication techniques and diagramming;
- Great at communicating with customers, executives, internal design and engineering teams;
- Process-oriented and exceptionally well organized;
- You thrive in a busy working environment and with tight deadlines.
Compensations and Benefits
We offer a rewarding compensation and benefits package, intellectually and creatively stimulating environment, professional flexibility and unique international travel opportunities.
Star is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that equity, diversity and inclusion are key to our ability to provide our clients and crew members with unique business and career outcomes. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability have no effect on our hiring decisions. If you have a special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.