Partner with the world-leading research and development teams to work on the latest developments in semantic analysis AI and figure out the best platform-as-a-service product for businesses.
The most successful candidates for this very role come from Engineering or QA backgrounds, because they have already developed a deep understanding of the requirements process through both the ideation and product definition stages, and have the necessary tech skills to be efficient in this job.
What do we do
We’ve been working with a number of companies over the years, from startups to huge corporations and everything in between. Key areas of expertise include Automotive, Fitness, Healthcare, AdTech, Data Science, and Consumer Electronics. Below are just a sample of products that we have been working on:
- Waggit – cutting-edge health and happiness monitor for dogs (exceeded the Kickstarter goal x5 times, and now in production)
- Expensify – helping automate tedious expense reporting (has processed 660 million expenses, for over 5 million users)
- Netpulse – the largest provider of branded health club software, with the main focus on mobile (thousands of gyms, and millions of monthly active users in 40+ countries)
- …and many others, please follow http://star.global/our-work/ for details.
- You have a proven track record of shipping custom-built digital products to market, including at least one platform product
- You wrote your own code before and have either engineering or QA automation background
- You are passionate about technology and figuring out how things work
- You can explain technical concepts simply, to both technical and non-technical people
- You know what designers, engineers, QA, marketing, support, and various business stakeholders expect when it comes to product requirements and backlog
- You are a strong communicator, meaning that your emails are structured and your speech is smooth (all of that, in English)
- You are extremely well-organized and love to keep things in order
- You know how to manage requirements in an Agile environment
- You have a good command of English: think IELTS band 7.5 or higher
- Proactively work with customers to understand their needs and priorities
- Discover, frame, and prioritize promising productization opportunities
- Take an active role in product scoping and prioritization sessions
- Do the research needed to make high-quality decisions (user interviews, data)
- Maintain product documentation so that everyone knows how things work
- Create clear product requirements and manage product backlog
- Work closely with designers on the best UX/UI for end-users
- Take part in engineering discussions to make sure solutions match requirements
- Clarify features and their intended use so developers can implement them effectively
- Lead backlog grooming meetings and demo sessions, prepare easy-to-read release notes
- Make sure our team and customer stakeholders are on the same page when it comes to product goals, current priorities, and quality
- Preach and practice product-oriented approach in your work, and lead the team and stakeholders to follow it too
Star is a global technology company that connects strategy, design, and engineering services and helps companies to accelerate their product innovation. We support our customers every step of the co-creation way — from ideation and concept crafting to full-stack development and putting solutions into the hands and minds of end-users.
Star works for businesses in a variety of industries, including Automotive & Mobility, Health & Wellness, FinTech, and others.
Customers include Panasonic, Lotus, Zeiss, NIO, and Lufthansa.
Compensations and Benefits
Star offers a competitive and rewarding salary and benefits package as well as an intellectually and creatively stimulating work environment. You will find professional flexibility, new ways of working, and unique international travel opportunities.