As a Technical Product Owner, you will be the proxy between the customer and the team, following the Agile methodology. The role would be the main point of contact for the customer for all technical, product and engineering topics. You will also be working closely with your design colleagues on this project.
The customer is a Premium German Automotive OEM and the project concerns building a knowledge-sharing platform, built on a microservices-based system hosted on the public cloud. You will have the opportunity to interact with many customer stakeholders from various parts of the organization. The project is key to the success of many departments within the customer’s organisation. It’s a great opportunity to participate in the full product development process, following the project all the way through from development to launch & operations as well as adding continuous improvements.
Qualifications & experience
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or studies with similar focus
- Analytical mindset
- 3+ years professional experience of SW Development, ideally in a cloud computing environment
- 2+ years experience in direct customer facing position, ideally as IT Consultant/ IT service provider
- Strong expectation and stakeholder management skills
- Experience working in an Agile setup (ScRUM Kanban)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Readiness to travel to near-shore locations
- Experience with Atlassian tool set (Jira/Confluence)
- Excellent spoken and written English & German
Nice to have:
- Knowledgeable about cloud computing platforms like AWS / Azure
- Familiarity with CI/CD tools like Jenkins and Nexus as well as Docker
- Automotive background
- Close collaboration with end-users, key stakeholders, and the team to define product requirements and roadmap, facilitate technical decisions and define acceptance criteria
- Work closely with designers on the project to shape the product
- Create and prioritise backlog – plan development sprints
- Discuss requirements and negotiate priorities with client stakeholders
- Manage stakeholder expectations, set and communicate realistic ETA
- Responsible for product demos to the customer
- Support the customer as a technical expert
Star is a global consultancy that connects strategy, design, engineering and marketing services into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way – no matter how long or complex the technology-based business journey. Our strategists, designers and engineers create useful, scalable technology products and solutions. We are 750 strategists, designers, engineers and marketers in 12 locations around the world, and we are here to make every great idea, every great person and every great company shine. That is why we’re called Star.
Compensation and Benefits
Star offers a competitive and rewarding salary and benefits package as well as an intellectually and creatively stimulating work environment. You will find professional flexibility, new ways of working and unique international travel opportunities.