Star is a global consultancy that connects strategy, design, engineering and marketing services into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way – no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our strategists, designers and engineers to create useful, scalable products and solutions. We are 750 strategists, designers, engineers and marketers in 12 locations around the world, and we are here to make every great idea, every great person and every great company shine. That is why we’re called Star.
You will be an essential part of Star technology team and your major tasks will be to deliver deep technical content, investigate client requests and problems, facilitating and assisting product delivery teams in planning and managing the execution of software development projects through all steps of the development lifecycle. You will work together with our local team as well as distributed engineering teams in different locations.
- The individual will be an independent-thinking technical generalist with 4+ years professional experience in tech product development
- Deep understanding of software development lifecycle, familiarity with agile development methodologies, product management, software engineering, QA, and DevOps practices
- Hands-on knowledge and experience with at least one of the next technical stacks:
- Java and JavaSE/EE
- Ability to define high-level software and system architectures of complex IT solutions collaboratively, in a workshop format
- Excellent communication skills in both Japanese and English
Nice to have:
- Deep understanding of some of our key business and technology domains: Automotive & Mobility, Health & Wellness, Industry & Manufacturing, FinTech, AdTech & MarTech, Consumer Electronics & IoT
- Familiarity with design-driven problem solving and product development approaches
- Experience of working with and leading distributed, international development teams
- Familiarity with one or several of:
- mobile apps development
- embedded software development
- Take part in client and prospective client meetings, capture technical notes, create technical documentation and provide reference documents for offshore production teams
- Take part in client and prospective client workshops. Investigate client requests and problems. Analyze options and propose solutions
- Together with the rest of the team, craft compelling proposals and pitches that are built on a strong narrative, and are technically state-of-the-art
- Facilitate and assist product delivery teams in planning and managing the execution of software development projects through all steps of the development lifecycle
- Hands-on contribute to system and software architecture definition and software implementation of software development projects
- Contribute to defining and enhancing product development and business development processes
Compensation and Benefits
Star offers a competitive and rewarding salary and benefits package as well as an intellectually and creatively stimulating work environment. You will find professional flexibility, new ways of working and unique international travel opportunities.