Please note that to work remotely, you should be a resident of the country specified in the job description.
At Star, we connect strategy, insights, design, and engineering into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way—no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our multidisciplinary teams to create superior solutions and impressive commercial returns for our clients.
Star is truly global. That is why we are the first major consulting company that does not have headquarters. Instead, we have many front doors, spanning Silicon Valley, Tokyo, London, Munich, Copenhagen, Kyiv, Wroclaw, Ho Chi Minh City, and other vibrant design, technology, and creative nuclei of the world. Our spirited and growing 750+ strong Star Crew takes great pride in working side by side with their trailblazing counterparts at some of the world’s most disruptive “unicorn” startups and iconic global brands like Lufthansa, Dolby Laboratories, BMW, Panasonic, Walmart, and Zeiss.
Our mission is to make every great person, every great idea, and every great company shine. That’s why we’re called Star.
Our client is a worldwide leader in the advertising industry and specializes in digital marketing services that integrate technology, data, inventory, and human intelligence to reach and manage the most profitable audiences for its customers. We are working with them on a group of web-based products designed to improve and optimize business processes, reduce time spent on routine tasks, manage activities, and monitor results.
We are looking for a technical writer to help create and build out the documentation for a set of products and technologies comprising a greenfield enterprise-wide platform. This role is an exciting opportunity to be at the heart of the massive digital transformation programme and see with your own eyes how your work impacts thousands of people. You will become a member of the core engineering team working closely with software developers, QA engineers, product owners and designers to help “productise” technology for internal consumption by facilitating the interested parties with necessary guidelines, read-mes and other types of documentation.
Qualifications & experience:
- 3+ years of technical writing experience;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and experience working with content in multiple mediums;
- Experience working cross-departmentally to communicate the nuts and bolts of a product;
- Strong experience owning an end-to-end documentation creation process;
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment;
- A positive attitude, willing to jump in and tackle new challenges;
- Experience working with Confluence/JIRA, Microsoft Word, Git & Gitlab, HTML.
- Work with product owners, change managers and engineers to produce and maintain world-class documentation, including: User Guides, Integration Guides, API Developer Guides, and in-platform documentation (tooltips, welcome instructions, etc.);
- Build and maintain client aids that go beyond traditional documentation, such as online video, demos, guided tours and other educational techniques;
- Learn complex concepts and communicate the information in a way that is engaging and understood by users;
- Gather customer feedback on documentation to improve usability;
- Monitor metrics on the usage of training materials as well as direct customer feedback to prioritize future training investments.
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a rewarding compensation and benefits package, intellectually and creatively stimulating environment, professional flexibility and unique international travel opportunities.
Star is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that equity, diversity and inclusion are key to our ability to provide our clients and crew members with unique business and career outcomes. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability have no effect on our hiring decisions. If you have a special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.