We are looking for a Technology Director who will take on a leading role in challenging and inspiring our prospective clients while positioning Star to be their technology innovation partner. This role will be a key contributor to driving sales and strategic growth at Star, and help our customers envision and deliver groundbreaking product and service experiences.
The Technology Director will partner closely with the local Commercial Lead, and counterparts in the Design Team, as well as with the rest of the local team, and with the global Star team to identify and pursue strategic growth opportunities. You should be dedicated to building partnerships, collaborating with customers to understand their needs, identifying complex business and technical challenges, creating winning proposals, as well as architecting, planning, and managing the development of technology solutions that create a deep and tangible impact.
You will collaborate with technical delivery teams to support your initiatives, and define delivery approaches and work packages for new engagements. As customer opportunities turn into projects and programs, you will support the core project team’s efforts as a subject matter expert, and lead select research, discovery, and delivery engagements. You will also partner with other Technology Directors globally as well as with Star Project Management, Product Management, Customer Success, Design, and CTO offices, to share best practices and contribute to the creation and expansion of our technology, product management, and solutions delivery practices.
Our Technology Directors are some of our most prominent thought leaders, and you will have the opportunity to have your thoughts, ideas, and perspectives crafted into public thought leadership, as well as helping to educate fellow global team members on key trends.
The ideal candidate has both a technology solutions development and entrepreneurial mindset and is someone who’s willing to roll up their sleeves and contribute to the growth and vitality of Star. Charisma, ambition and confidence are essential, and the successful candidate will also be humble, disarming, and a team player. We value pragmatism, which to us means creating real solutions to real challenges for real people. Last but not least, attention to detail and always striving to do better is critical because ‘good enough’ is never good enough.
- 7+ years of professional experience in agile software development
- Deep understanding of software development processes, including Agile engineering, QA, DevOps practices
- Hands-on experience in engineering complex software solutions, within all of cloud, web and mobile layers
- Experience supporting pre-sales activities, leading client workshops and meetings
- Excellent spoken and written English & German
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally 10-20% of the time
Nice to have:
- Experience in some of our key business and technology domains: Automotive & Mobility, Health & Wellness, FinTech or IoT
- Prior work experience in a Consulting/Architecture position for a software and/or services company
- Experience with the entrepreneurial dynamics of a start-up
- Analysis of technology aspects of prospective clients businesses and identification of their technology-related needs and challenges
- Prospective client-facing communication in business development contexts, from early exploratory discussions to Q&A sessions, to final pitch presentations, and comfortable in front of senior executives on the client side.
- In coordination with the rest of the participating team, planning and facilitating workshops with customers to define high-level system and software architectures as well as solution scope. As part of that, being comfortable with white-board and workshop-style problem analysis
- Crafting compelling proposals and pitches that are built on a strong narrative, and are technically state-of-the-art
- Contributing to thought leadership and other marketing initiatives via internal R&D initiatives and industry events participation, the publication of white papers and blog posts, organization of webinars etc.
- Contributing to refining and enhancing software development and business development processes
Star is a global technology company that connects strategy, design and engineering services and helps companies to accelerate their product innovation.
We support our customers every step of the co-creation way — from ideation and concept crafting to full-stack development and putting solutions into hands and minds of end-users.
Star works for businesses in a variety of industries, including Automotive & Mobility, Health & Wellness, FinTech and others. Customers include Panasonic, Lotus, Zeiss, NIO and Lufthansa.
Compensations and Benefits
Star offers a competitive and rewarding salary and benefits package as well as an intellectually and creatively stimulating work environment. You will find professional flexibility, new ways of working and unique international travel opportunities.