We’re looking for a Senior UX Designer who demonstrably can design simple yet highly engaging connected product experiences that push the limits of innovation and put the user in focus. Based in our Tokyo design studio, you will join the organically growing team of designers who work across physical, digital and spatial product domains. Your global team of colleagues includes software and hardware technologists — together you will be tasked with creating industry-defining products.
Qualifications & experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in interaction design, UX design or another relevant program
- 4-8 years of professional experience working in cross-disciplinary teams and guiding small teams of junior team members
- Proficiency in UX, UI, user research, and service design methods.
- Work in some of our key business and technology domains: Automotive & Mobility, Health & Wellness, Industry & Manufacturing, FinTech and/or Consumer Electronics.
- Experience creating prototypes and mockups in all fidelities throughout the design and product development process
- Desire to learn from others, educate team members, and mentor younger designers
- Excellent spoken and written English & Japanese
- Able to accommodate occasional travel to the US/countries in Europe
- Plan and manage budgets and deadlines with professionalism
- Overseeing team efforts to ensure projects are delivered to clients’ expectations
- Facilitate output-orientated workshops with clients and team members
- Tailor design processes by applying the right methodologies at the right time
- Proactively handle ambiguity, stay open-minded, willing to learn and ready to improvise
- Control project timelines and manage expectations with the client
- Be involved in sales processes and client networking
- Scope and manage projects and maintain client contact
- Apply wide-ranging design methods from research and ideation to hands-on design implementation
- Use digital design and prototyping tools such as Adobe CS, Sketch, Principle or InVision
- Communicate professionally in the spoken and written word, with excellent English and Japanese proficiency
- Be comfortable in a team-based environment locally and globally
Star is a global technology company that connects strategy, design, and engineering services and helps companies to accelerate their product innovation. We support our customers every step of the co-creation way — from ideation and concept crafting to full-stack development and putting solutions into the hands and minds of end-users. Star works for businesses in a variety of industries, including Automotive & Mobility, Health & Wellness, FinTech, and others. Customers include Panasonic, Lotus, Zeiss, NIO, and Lufthansa.
Compensations and Benefits
Star offers a competitive and rewarding salary and benefits package as well as an intellectually and creatively stimulating work environment. You will find professional flexibility, new ways of working, and unique international travel opportunities.