We’re looking for a UI Designer. Joining our Kyiv design studio, you will become part of the organically growing team of designers who work across physical and digital product domains. Your global team of colleagues includes designers, strategists, software and hardware technologists — together, you will be tasked with creating industry-defining products.
Core skills and experience:
- 3+ years of work experience.
- An excellent portfolio showcasing design & UX work for mobile, web, and other media.
- A command of visual and communication design principles, including typography, grid systems with experience applying this knowledge to digital experiences.
- Experience designing, building, maintaining, and implementing pixel-perfect design systems.
- The ability to communicate design concepts through sketches and wireframes.
- Highly skilled in Figma/Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, and other design tools.
- Bonus for ability to animate in AfterEffects and have experience with Cinema 4d/Blender.
- Familiarity with software development processes and working in teams.
- English – upper-intermediate and up, both written and spoken.
- Enthusiasm for an iterative design process, inspired by group critique.
- Ability to function independently and in a team environment, with excellent collaboration skills.
- Great communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal.
- Planning your day considering collaboration with the team.
- Elicit additional info and feedback within the project team.
- Affinity for consistency and attention to the details.
- Flexibility, open-mindedness, the ability and desire to learn.
- An ability to effectively communicate your ideas and approach across the product design team, developers, and stakeholders.
- Extensive experience with large-scale web platforms and professional tools.
- Tailor design processes by applying the right methodologies at the right time.
- Proactively handle ambiguity, stay open-minded, willing to learn, and ready to improvise.
- Control project timelines and manage expectations with the team.
- Apply wide-ranging design methods from research and ideation to hands-on design implementation.
- Be comfortable in a team-based environment locally and globally.
Star is a global technology company that connects strategy, design, and engineering services and helps companies to accelerate their product innovation. We support our customers every step of the co-creation way — from ideation and concept crafting to full-stack development and putting solutions into the hands and minds of end-users.
Star works for businesses in a variety of industries, including Automotive & Mobility, Health & Wellness, FinTech, and others.
Customers include Panasonic, Lotus, Zeiss, NIO, and Lufthansa.
Compensation and Benefits
Star offers a competitive and rewarding salary and benefits package as well as an intellectually and creatively stimulating work environment. You will find professional flexibility, new ways of working and unique international travel opportunities.