At Star, we connect strategy, insights, design, and engineering into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way—no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our multidisciplinary teams to create superior solutions and impressive commercial returns for our clients.
Star is truly global. That is why we are the first major consulting company that does not have headquarters. Instead, we have many front doors, spanning Silicon Valley, Tokyo, London, Munich, Copenhagen, Kyiv, Wroclaw, Ho Chi Minh City, and other vibrant design, technology, and creative nuclei of the world. Our spirited and growing 750+ strong Star Crew takes great pride in working side by side with their trailblazing counterparts at some of the world’s most disruptive “unicorn” startups and iconic global brands like Lufthansa, Dolby Laboratories, BMW, Panasonic, Walmart, and Zeiss.
Our mission is to make every great person, every great idea, and every great company shine. That’s why we’re called Star.
We’re looking for a UI and UX Designer (all gender) who can demonstrably design simple, yet highly engaging connected product experiences that push the limits of innovation and put the user in focus. Based in our Tokyo design studio, you will join an organically growing team of designers who work across physical and digital product domains..Together with a team of software and hardware engineers, you will get a chance to create immersive and industry-defining projects.
- Сollaborate proactively to a joint effort as an integral part of a cross-functional team;
- Conduct effective business communication in in English and Japanese;
- Facilitate engaging co-creative workshops (virtually or in-person) with clients and team members to build consensus and enable next steps;
- Tailor design processes by applying the right methodologies at the right time;
- Plan and manage project budgets and deadlines on time and on target;
- Lead design projects from end to end, overseeing team efforts to ensure projects are delivered up to clients’ expectations;
- Conduct user research (remotely and in the field) to identify key insights and concrete opportunity spaces to inspire innovative concepts and human-centered solutions;
- Compose relevant user stories and derive effective user flows;
- Visualise use case scenarios that engage and inspire users and potential clients;
- Create robust and intuitive interface concepts, while taking usage context, accessibility, UI conventions and technology into account;
- Compose iterative design prototypes on various fidelity levels to validate hypotheses with end users through formative and summative assessment;
- Provide scalable UI specifications for engineering teams and assist during the implementation;
- Master state-of-the-art UX design tools such as Figma and Adobe CC;
- Share your knowledge on design methods, tools, and trends with the rest of the team.
- An academic background (bachelor or master degree) in Service Design, Interaction Design, Design Thinking, UX Design or another relevant program;
- A minimum of 3-4 years of professional experience working in cross-disciplinary teams;
- An intrinsic motivation to challenge the status-quo;
- The ability to think analytically and cross-pollinate ideas to novel solutions;
- Passion for human-centered design as a means to problem-solving;
- A profound understanding of the possibilities provided by digital technology;
- Empathy for the people you work with and the people you design for;
- The ability to express a positive and optimistic spirit (because above all we need your smile and personality);
- Excellent spoken and written English and Japanese skills.
- Experience working in some of our key business and technology domains: Automotive & Mobility, HealthTech, Industry & Manufacturing, FinTech or AdTech;
- Ability to mock-up or prototype experiences in VR/AR;
- Experience working within agile software development teams.
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a rewarding compensation and benefits package, intellectually and creatively stimulating environment, professional flexibility and unique international travel opportunities.
Star is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that equity, diversity and inclusion are key to our ability to provide our clients and crew members with unique business and career outcomes. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability have no effect on our hiring decisions. If you have a special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.