At Star, we connect strategy, insights, design, and engineering into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way—no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our multidisciplinary teams to create superior solutions and impressive commercial returns for our clients.
Star is truly global. That is why we are the first major consulting company that does not have headquarters. Instead, we have many front doors, spanning Silicon Valley, Tokyo, London, Munich, Copenhagen, Kyiv, Wroclaw, Ho Chi Minh City, and other vibrant design, technology, and creative nuclei of the world. Our spirited and growing 750+ strong Star Crew takes great pride in working side by side with their trailblazing counterparts at some of the world’s most disruptive “unicorn” startups and iconic global brands like Lufthansa, Dolby Laboratories, BMW, Panasonic, Walmart, and Zeiss.
Our mission is to make every great person, every great idea, and every great company shine. That’s why we’re called Star.
We’re looking for a UX Design Intern (all genders) to join our team in Germany for a 6-month internship. The candidate is someone who can design simple, yet highly engaging connected product experiences that push the limits of innovation and put the user in focus. Based in our Munich/Frankfurt design studio, you will join the organically growing team of designers who work across physical, digital, and spatial product domains. Your global team of colleagues includes software and hardware technologists — together you will have the opportunity to create industry-defining products and experiences.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and complexity of a given challenge;
- Collaborate proactively to a joint effort as an integral part of a cross-functional team;
- Envision and bring to life simple, yet highly engaging, product experiences that balance desirability, viability, and feasibility;
- Communicate professionally and effectively in English;
- Support engaging co-creative workshops (virtually or in-person) with clients and team members to build consensus and enable next steps;
- Support user research (remotely and in the field) to identify key insights and concrete opportunity spaces to inspire innovative concepts and human-centered solutions;
- Help to compose relevant user stories and derive effective user flows;
- Visualize use-case scenarios that engage and inspire clients and potential users;
- Create interface concepts that are intuitive and delightful in use, while taking usage context, accessibility, UI conventions and technology into account;
- Compose iterative design prototypes on various fidelity levels to validate hypotheses with end-users through formative and summative assessment;
- Are proficient with state-of-the-art UX design tools such as Figma, Sketch, Adobe CC, Invision.
- Enrolled in or recently completed an education in the field of Service Design, Interaction Design, Design Thinking, UX Design or another relevant program;
- A passion for developing smart products that bridge the gap between digital and physical product experiences;
- An intrinsic motivation to challenge the status-quo;
- Good spoken and written English;
- Flexibility, open-mindedness, and the desire to learn;
- The ability to be a proactive, solution-oriented, and motivated team player;
- The ability to think analytically and cross-pollinate ideas to novel solutions;
- A passion for human-centered design as a means to problem-solving;
- A profound understanding of the possibilities provided by digital technology;
- Empathy for the people you work with and the people you design for;
- The ability to express a positive and optimistic spirit (because above all we need your smile and personality).
- The ability to mock-up or prototype experiences in VR/AR;
- Experience working within agile software development teams;
- Design-Thinking facilitation skills (generating insights, contributing to strategy workshops, etc.);
- German is a plus.
Compensations and Benefits
We offer a rewarding compensation and benefits package, intellectually and creatively stimulating environment, professional flexibility and unique international travel opportunities.
Star is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that equity, diversity and inclusion are key to our ability to provide our clients and crew members with unique business and career outcomes. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability have no effect on our hiring decisions. If you have a special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.