Star is a global technology company that connects strategy, design, and engineering services and helps companies to accelerate their product innovation. We support our customers every step of the co-creation way — from ideation and concept crafting to full-stack development and putting solutions into the hands and minds of end-users.
Star works for businesses in a variety of industries, including Automotive & Mobility, Health & Wellness, FinTech, and others.
Customers include Panasonic, Lotus, Zeiss, NIO, and Lufthansa.
We are looking for a Design Lead to play a key role as one of our early and key Vietnam team members. You will be reporting directly to our Head of Design and have the opportunity to work closely with him on incubating a design studio within an established consultancy and design practice. It’s an opportunity to help shape a studio from the ground up.
We’re looking for someone who can create simple yet highly engaging experiences that balance desirability, viability, and feasibility. You will play a key role in the full project lifecycle, from collaborating with our sales team to craft solution proposals and win engagements, to leading the design project team and collaborating with our technical/product/project management teams.
Qualifications & Experience:
- 8+ years of professional experience working in cross-disciplinary teams (agency/consultancy experience a must-have, client-side experience a nice-to-have).
- Domain expertise in one or more of the following industries: Automotive, Health & Fitness, Internet of Things.
- Strong bonus: Automotive experience (either with OEM/Tier1 or agency/consultancy) working in areas such as infotainment, navigation, ADAS, HMI, connected services, mobility, and offboard services.
- Mastery of the full design process, the ability to own projects from experience strategy and ideation, through concept development and refinement, to product design and implementation.
- Experience leading design-project teams, overseeing team efforts to ensure projects are delivered to meet the client’s expectations.
- Experience creating prototypes and mockups in all fidelities throughout the design and product development process.
- Able to facilitate workshops and research with clients and users.
- Proficiency in UX, UI, research, and service design methods.
- Industrial design and branding experience is a plus.
- Flexible, agile, open-minded, and comfortable with ambiguity.
- A desire to learn from others, educate team members, and mentor younger designers.
- Excellent spoken and written English & Vietnamese.
- Able to accommodate occasional travel within Asia.
- Plan deliverables and design process for new projects.
- Facilitate output-orientated workshops with clients and team members.
- Tailor design processes by applying the right methodologies at the right time.
- Proactively handle ambiguity, staying open-minded, willing to learn and ready to improvise.
- Control project timelines and manage expectations with the client.
- Apply wide-ranging design methods from research and ideation to hands-on design implementation.
- Proficiency in digital design and prototyping tools such as Figma, Adobe CS, Sketch, Principle, Framer. 3D and SFX software is a plus.
- Communicate professionally in spoken and written word, with excellent English proficiency.
- Be comfortable in a team-based environment locally and globally.
Compensation and Benefits
Star offers a competitive and rewarding salary and benefits package as well as an intellectually and creatively stimulating work environment. You will find professional flexibility, new ways of working, and unique international travel opportunities.