We are looking for a UX Design Lead with the experience and capabilities to design experiences that push the limits of innovation and put the user in focus. Someone who can create simple, yet highly engaging, experiences that balance desirability, viability, and feasibility. You will play a key role in the full project lifecycle, from collaborating with our sales team and crafting solution proposals and winning engagements, to leading the design project team and collaborating with our technical/product/project management teams.
The ideal candidate has an entrepreneurial mindset and is willing to roll up their sleeves and contribute to the growth and vitality of the studio. We believe that amazing things happen when you bring together great minds with different experiences. We anticipate that you will bring your unique perspectives and industry best practices, and fuse these with our existing processes and methodologies.
Qualifications & experience:
- 8+ years of professional experience working in cross-disciplinary teams (agency/consultancy experience a must-have, client-side experience a nice-to-have)
- Domain expertise in one or more of the following: Automotive, health & fitness, Internet of Things
- Mastery of the full design process, able to own projects from experience strategy and ideation, through to concept development and refinement and product design and implementation.
- Experience leading design project teams, overseeing team efforts to ensure projects are delivered to clients’ expectations
- Experience creating prototypes and mockups in all fidelities throughout the design and product development process
- Able to facilitate workshops and research with clients and users
- Proficiency in UX, UI, user research, and service design methods
- Industrial design and branding experience is a bonus
- Flexible, agile, open-minded, and comfortable with ambiguity
- Desire to learn from others, educate team members, and mentor younger designers
- Excellent spoken and written German and English (other language skills a bonus)
- Able to accommodate occasional travel to the US/countries in Europe
- Be involved in sales processes and client networking
- Scope and manage projects and maintain client contact
- Manage budgets and deadlines with professionalism
Star is a global consultancy that connects strategy, design, engineering, and marketing services into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way – no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our strategists, designers, and engineers to create useful, scalable products and solutions. We are 750 strategists, designers, engineers, and marketers in 12 locations around the world, and we are here to make every great idea, every great person, and every great company shine. That is why we’re called Star.
Compensation and Benefits
Star offers a competitive and rewarding salary and benefits package as well as an intellectually and creatively stimulating work environment. You will find professional flexibility, new ways of working, and unique international travel opportunities.