We’re looking for a UX Designer, who has the experience and capabilities to design connected product experiences that push the limits of innovation and put the user in focus. Somebody who can create simple, yet highly engaging, experiences tailored to address business objectives as well as user needs.
Based in our Kyiv design studio, you will join a fast-growing team of designers that work across physical and digital product domains. Your global team of colleagues includes software and hardware technologists — together you will be tasked with creating industry-defining products.
Core skills and experience
- Understand, apply and promote our design-thinking process.
- Run user experience research activities to access user needs, target audience, usage scenarios and context of use.
- Compile user study reports with an introduction, executive summary, study findings, and future steps.
- Understand the client’s business model and placement of the created product within it.
- Evaluate the existing solution (or idea) for usefulness, effectiveness, and error-proofness.
- Generate solutions to business need, and communicate the pros and cons for each.
- Benchmark ideas against industry best practices in a given context.
- Choose appropriate tools to create and present design solutions.
- Introduce the target audience to the development team, help to imagine the scenario of the product used by the audience, what special needs or expectations can arise that differentiate it from how developers would use it.
- Create IA, user flows.
- Understand the UX philosophy for the most popular platform (web, mobile, IoT, etc.).
- Know how to enhance the user experience with and without access to end-users.
- Understand how the design solution influences overall application consistency.
- Passion for pixel-perfect interface design with approximately five years of experience in the field.
- Plan own tasks considering collaboration with the team.
- Search for additional info and feedback within the project team.
- Support written and verbal communication in order to plan further work, explain and document ideas, and secure feedback.
- Present work results in a form of structured documents and according to agreed deliverables.
- Flexibility, open-mindedness, ability, and desire to learn.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
Star is a global consultancy that connects strategy, design, engineering and marketing services into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way – no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our strategists, designers and engineers to create useful, scalable products and solutions. We are 750 strategists, designers, engineers and marketers in 12 locations around the world, and we are here to make every great idea, every great person and every great company shine. That is why we’re called Star.
Compensation and Benefits
Star offers a competitive and rewarding salary and benefits package as well as an intellectually and creatively stimulating work environment. You will find professional flexibility, new ways of working and unique international travel opportunities.