We’re looking for a passionate and young specialist within the experience or interaction design to join our team in Japan. Based in the Tokyo design studio, you will join a fast-growing group of designers that work across physical and digital product domains. Your global team of colleagues includes software and hardware technologists—together, you will be tasked with creating industry-defining products.
- Holding a bachelor or master degree in Interaction or Experience Design, Psychology, or Journalism.
- 2+ years of professional experience.
- Flexibility, open-mindedness, and the desire to learn.
- Knowledge of design thinking methodologies and human-centric approach.
- Strong skills in relevant UX design and prototyping software (Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, or Figma).
- Experience with conceptualizing ideas, creating wireframes and clickable prototypes.
- Experience with creating and synthesizing IA, user journeys, use cases.
- The ability to design user interfaces from idea high fidelity click-prototypes and sophisticated documentation for engineering teams.
- Experience with Design-Thinking workshop facilitation (insights, strategy, workshops, etc.).
- Experience in formulating and expressing ideas, creating wireframes and prototypes to validate solutions with real people.
- Experience in creating information architectures, data collection and interviews, and analysis of findings and synthesis to streamline the ideas.
- Excellent spoken and written English & Japanese.
Nice to have:
- Passion for designing smart products that bridge the gap between digital and physical experiences.
- Ability to establish empathy with end-users to understand their problems and needs.
- Work in some of our key business and technology domains: Automotive & Mobility, Health & Wellness, and FinTech.Work with agile software development teams.
Work on project teams to design exceptional products—from generating insights and ideas, to crafting concepts and designs, to refining and delivering an implementable solution—you will participate and add value to the entire design process.
- Pitches, creative proposals work, planning of deliverables, and timelines.
- UX – research / hypothesis / prototyping / visualisation.
- Facilitation of output-orientated workshops.
- Design methods across research, ideation, and hands-on implementation.
- Advanced prototyping skills (sketching and niche digital tools).
- Be comfortable in a team-based environment locally and globally.
Star is a global technology company that connects strategy, design, and engineering services and helps companies to accelerate their product innovation. We support our customers every step of the co-creation way — from ideation and concept crafting to full-stack development and putting solutions into the hands and minds of end-users.
Star works for businesses in a variety of industries, including Automotive & Mobility, Health & Wellness, FinTech, and others.
Customers include Panasonic, Lotus, Zeiss, NIO, and Lufthansa.
Compensations and Benefits
Star offers a competitive and rewarding salary and benefits package, as well as an intellectually and creatively stimulating work environment, flexibility, and unique international travel opportunities.