Hi there, we are Star.
Star is a global technology company that connects strategy, design, and engineering services and helps companies to accelerate their product innovation. We support our customers every step of the co-creation way — from ideation and concept crafting to full-stack development and putting solutions into the hands and minds of end-users.
Star works for businesses in a variety of industries, including Automotive & Mobility, Health & Wellness, FinTech, and others.
Customers include Panasonic, Lotus, Zeiss, NIO, and Lufthansa.
What we believe in.
We treasure individuality.
We take people as who they are, learn through diversity, and change perspective with ease.
We celebrate togetherness.
We cooperate, care for each other and our rituals, and know that we’re more resilient together.
We live the change.
We’re serial newbies with unflinching curiosity and feel at home in an ever-transforming world.
We find a healthy balance.
Embracing all facets of what it means to be human, we want to own our work, not to be our work.
Join us at Star Munich.
We’re looking for a UX Designer (all genders) who can demonstrably design simple, yet highly engaging connected product experiences that push the limits of innovation and put the user in focus. Based in our Munich design studio, you will join the organically growing team of designers who work across physical, digital, and spatial product domains. Your global team of colleagues includes software and hardware technologists — together you will have the opportunity to create industry-defining products.
As a UX Designer at Star, you...
- Are comfortable with ambiguity and complexity of a given challenge;
- Collaborate proactively to a joint effort as an integral part of a cross-functional team;
- Communicate professionally and effectively in English (and nice-to-have: in German too);
- Facilitate engaging co-creative workshops (virtually or in-person) with clients and team members to build consensus and enable next steps;
- Conduct user research (remotely and in the field) to identify key insights and concrete opportunity spaces to inspire innovative concepts and human-centered solutions;
- Compose relevant user stories and derive effective user flows;
- Visualize use-case scenarios that engage and inspire clients and potential users;
- Create robust interface concepts that are intuitive and delightful in use, while taking usage context, accessibility, UI conventions and technology into account;
- Compose iterative design prototypes on various fidelity levels to validate hypotheses with end-users through formative and summative assessment;
- Provide scalable UI specifications for engineering teams and assist during the implementation;
- Master state-of-the-art UX design tools such as Figma, Sketch, Adobe CC, Invision;
- Share your knowledge of design methods, tools, and trends with the rest of the team.
- An academic background (bachelor’s or master’s degree) in the field of Service Design, Interaction Design, Design Thinking, UX Design or another relevant program;
- A minimum of 2 years of professional experience working in cross-disciplinary teams;
- An intrinsic motivation to challenge the status-quo;
- The ability to think analytically and cross-pollinate ideas to novel solutions;
- Passion for human-centered design as a means to problem-solving;
- A profound understanding of the possibilities provided by digital technology;
- Empathy for the people you work with and the people you design for;
- The ability to express a positive and optimistic spirit (because above all we need your smile and personality).
- Experience working in some of our key business and technology domains: Automotive & Mobility, Health & Wellness, Industry & Manufacturing, FinTech or Consumer Electronics;
- The ability to mock-up or prototype experiences in VR/AR;
- Experience working within agile software development teams.
Star offers a competitive and rewarding salary and benefits package as well as an intellectually and creatively stimulating work environment. You will find professional flexibility, new ways of working and unique international travel opportunities.
Are you interested?
We would be thrilled to hear from you.
Just before you hit the apply button, we’d like to give you a few helpful hints about our application process.
- We’d like to get a first impression of who you are as well as your work, as described in your portfolio and your CV, LinkedIn profile or similar.
- We won’t need a lengthy cover letter but would be keen on knowing why you would like to work at Star.
- Please apply in English, as that is our main language at Star.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!