At Star, we connect strategy, insights, design, and engineering into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way—no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our multidisciplinary teams to create superior solutions and impressive commercial returns for our clients.
Star is truly global. That is why we are the first major consulting company that does not have headquarters. Instead, we have many front doors, spanning Silicon Valley, Tokyo, London, Munich, Copenhagen, Kyiv, Wroclaw, Ho Chi Minh City, and other vibrant design, technology, and creative nuclei of the world. Our spirited and growing 750+ strong Star Crew takes great pride in working side by side with their trailblazing counterparts at some of the world’s most disruptive “unicorn” startups and iconic global brands like Lufthansa, Dolby Laboratories, BMW, Panasonic, Walmart, and Zeiss.
Our mission is to make every great person, every great idea, and every great company shine. That’s why we’re called Star.
We are looking for a UX Designer with a specialization in healthcare to join our Polish team: a service design jiujiteiro, a roller derby obsessed interaction designer, a strategy-focused kitesurfer, a yogi visual designer, and a surfing skier with an eye for micro-interactions. We’re a tight-knit group of Wrocław-based designers collaborating remotely with the other 60+ Star designers from Europe, North America, and Asia.
We are involved in digital products’ creation on all stages – from research and strategy through prototyping and testing to visual and motion design. We treat our customers and users as knowledgeable partners, so get ready for plenty of workshops and user sessions. We do spend a lot of time in Figma. Still, We often experiment with different design tools and technologies that match our current project needs (Principle, AfterEffects, Arduino, or Spark AR – to name a few examples).
We’re looking for a UX Designer, but we’re open to hiring individuals from different design paths and seniorities. You might be a great fit if you previously had a title of Product Designer, UX/UI Designer, UI Designer, Interaction Designer, Design Strategist, Systems Designer, Service Designer, or similar. We’re open to hiring for a remote setup. What matters to us is the team fit & your will to shape the future of healthcare.
As a UX Designer at Star you will:
- Finish your workday knowing that time you spent on the project will impact the lives of millions of patients, healthcare workers & care-takers across the globe;
- Start your workday with a team chat & a daily dose of inspiration;
- Work for recognizable global brands (like Panasonic, ZEISS, Lufthansa, Honda);
- Craft Patient Experiences, Improve Clinician’s workflows & design ecosystems of care;
- Collaborate in multinational teams with colleagues from other Star locations;
- Master state-of-the-art UX design methods (Personas, Journeys, etc.) & tools (Figma, Adobe CC, etc.);
- Try out new tools, methods & experimental approaches;
- Have the autonomy to choose tools/methods that fit your strengths, and support to learn from others;
- Share your knowledge & learnings back with the team;
- Have support in your growth as a healthcare designer, including Subject Matter Experts network & and access to trainings on industry-specific topics;
- Facilitate and/or participate in engaging co-creative workshops (virtually or in-person) with clients and team members to build consensus and enable next steps;
- Conduct user research (remotely and in the field) to identify key insights and concrete opportunity spaces to inspire innovative concepts and human-centered solutions;
- Create robust interface concepts that are intuitive and delightful in use while taking usage context, accessibility, UI conventions, and technology into account;
- Compose iterative design prototypes on various fidelity levels to validate hypotheses with end-users;
- Create experiences that make you, our team & our clients shine. Simply create products you can be proud of;
- Join a company with UX maturity – no need to explain the value of design. + We’re not looking for Pixel Pushers!
Qualifications & Experience:
- You have 3+ years of professional experience working in cross-disciplinary teams creating digital products;
- You have experience working in the healthcare or wellness domain (or are passionate about this space);
- You are familiar with a toolbox of Human-Centered Design, User Experience Design & Service Design methods;
- You are a master of visceral storytelling – in any form;
- You are comfortable presenting all aspects of a project in front of the internal team and clients;
- You think beyond the boundaries of current UX/UI conventions; keyboard, mouse, and the touch screen, and think in terms of gesture UI, VR/AR, and invisible UX/UI;
- You are fully proficient at using Figma;
- You have excellent spoken and written English;
- You’re able to conceptualize complex systems;
- You are flexible and open-minded and have the ability and desire to learn and push design methodologies.
Optionally you may:
- Have successfully launched a product – you know what it takes to build something; collaborating with the internal team, co-creating with the client team, shepherding, vetting, and aligning client stakeholders and vendor partner team.
- Be passionate and proficient at pixel-perfect interface design.
- Have the ability to develop storyboards, wireframes, and user interfaces from conceptual to the final graphical UI;
- Have experience developing Information Architecture from utilitarian/systematic design to experiential/conceptual products.
We recommend your portfolio to include:
- From 3 to 5 projects (with dates);
- UX deliverables in different fidelity (low/high). e.g. workshop boards, empathy maps, journeys, wireframes etc.;
- At least 1 high fidelity wireframe;
- Description of your role and responsibilities in the projects.
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a rewarding compensation and benefits package, intellectually and creatively stimulating environment, professional flexibility and unique international travel opportunities.
Star is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that equity, diversity and inclusion are key to our ability to provide our clients and crew members with unique business and career outcomes. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability have no effect on our hiring decisions. If you have a special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.