At Star, we connect strategy, insights, design, and engineering into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way—no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our multidisciplinary teams to create superior solutions and impressive commercial returns for our clients.
Star is truly global. That is why we are the first major consulting company that does not have headquarters. Instead, we have many front doors, spanning Silicon Valley, Tokyo, London, Munich, Copenhagen, Kyiv, Wroclaw, Ho Chi Minh City, and other vibrant design, technology, and creative nuclei of the world. Our spirited and growing 750+ strong Star Crew takes great pride in working side by side with their trailblazing counterparts at some of the world’s most disruptive “unicorn” startups and iconic global brands like Lufthansa, Dolby Laboratories, BMW, Panasonic, Walmart, and Zeiss.
Our mission is to make every great person, every great idea, and every great company shine. That’s why we’re called Star.
We’re looking for a passionate and young specialist with experience in interaction design to join our team in Japan. Based in the Tokyo design studio, you will join a fast-growing group of designers that work across physical and digital product domains. Your global team of colleagues includes software and hardware technologists. Together, you will be tasked with creating industry-defining products.
- A bachelor or master degree in Interaction, Experience Design or Psychology;
- 2-3+ years of professional experience;
- Flexibility, open-mindedness, and the desire to learn;
- Knowledge of design thinking methodologies and human-centric approach;
- Strong skills in relevant UX design and prototyping software (Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch or Figma);
- Experience with conceptualizing ideas, creating wireframes and clickable prototypes;
- Experience with creating and synthesising IA, user journeys, use cases;
- The ability to design user interfaces from idea to high fidelity prototypes and design guidelines;
- Experience with Design-Thinking workshop facilitation (insights, strategy, workshops, etc.);
- Experience in formulating and expressing ideas, creating wireframes and prototypes to validate solutions with real people;
- Experience in creating information architectures, data collection and interviews, and analysis of findings and synthesis to streamline the ideas;
- Excellent spoken and written English and Japanese.
Nice to have:
- Passion for designing smart products that bridge the gap between digital and physical experiences;
- Ability to establish empathy with end-users to understand their problems and needs;
- Work in some of our key business and technology domains: Automotive & Mobility, Health & Wellness, and FinTech. Work with agile software development teams.
Work on project teams to design exceptional products. You will participate and add value to the entire design process by generating insights and ideas, crafting concepts and designs, and refining and delivering implementable solutions.
- Pitches, creative proposals work, planning of deliverables and timelines;
- UX – research / hypothesis / prototyping / visualisation;
- Facilitation of output-orientated workshops;
- Design methods across research, ideation and hands-on implementation;
- Advanced prototyping skills (sketching and niche digital tools);
- Be comfortable in a team-based environment locally and globally;
- Ability to make rational and optimal reasons for proposals.
Compensations and Benefits
We offer a rewarding compensation and benefits package, intellectually and creatively stimulating environment, professional flexibility and unique international travel opportunities.
Star is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that equity, diversity and inclusion are key to our ability to provide our clients and crew members with unique business and career outcomes. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability have no effect on our hiring decisions. If you have a special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.