We’re looking for a Visual Designer to join our Wroclaw team on location or remotely. We’re a tight-knit group of designers collaborating locally & remotely with the other 60+ Star designers from Europe, North America, and Asia.
We are involved in digital products’ creation on all stages – from research and strategy through prototyping and testing to visual and motion design. Now, we’re looking for a Visual Designer who will be able to design for all visual aspects of the product: UI, branding, visual identity, visual storytelling, and more.
We’re looking for a Visual Designer, but we’re open to hiring individuals from different design paths and seniorities. You might be a great fit if you previously had a title of Product Designer, UI Designer, UX/UI Designer, Communication Designer, Graphic Designer, or similar. Simply, we are looking for someone who will be fun to work with and will be able to bring the visual aspect of the product to the next level.
Core skills and experience:
- 4+ years of work experience.
- An excellent portfolio showcasing experience design, interface design, and visual design work for mobile, web, and other platforms.
- A command of visual and communication design principles including typography, grid systems with experience applying this knowledge to digital experiences.
- Experience designing, building, maintaining, and implementing pixel-perfect design systems.
- Ability to communicate design concepts through sketches;
- Highly skilled in Figma, Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, and other design tools of your choice;
- Familiarity with software development processes and working in teams.
- English is upper-intermediate and up, both written and spoken.
- Being a visual thinker, expressing ideas visually freely;
- Excellent eye for detail, typography, color, and layout;
- Ability to give & receive design critique;
- Enthusiasm for an iterative design process;
- Able to function independently and in a team environment, with excellent collaboration skills.
- Great communication and presentation skills; both written and verbal.
- Plan your day considering collaboration with the team.
- Elicit additional info and feedback within the project team.
- Affinity for consistency and attention to the details.
- Flexibility, open-mindedness, ability, and desire to learn.
- Ability to effectively communicate your ideas and approach across product design team, developers and stakeholders.
- Motion Design skills – Preferably ability to animate in After Effects;
- Experience or willingness to learn 3D design with Cinema 4D or similar.
- Experience with automotive, healthcare, AR, large-scale web platforms or mobile apps.
- Design holistically for all visual aspects of the product: visual identity, UI, and storytelling.
- Tailor design processes by applying the right methodologies at the right time.
- Proactively handle ambiguity, stay open-minded, willing to learn, and ready to improvise.
- Be comfortable in a team-based environment locally and globally.
Star is a global technology company that connects strategy, design, and engineering services and helps companies to accelerate their product innovation. We support our customers every step of the co-creation way — from ideation and concept crafting to full-stack development and putting solutions into the hands and minds of end-users.
Star works for businesses in a variety of industries, including Automotive & Mobility, Health & Wellness, FinTech, and others.
Customers include Panasonic, Lotus, Zeiss, NIO, and Lufthansa.
Compensation and Benefits
Star offers a competitive and rewarding salary and benefits package as well as an intellectually and creatively stimulating work environment. You will find professional flexibility, new ways of working and unique international travel opportunities.