At Star, we connect strategy, insights, design, and engineering into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way—no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our multidisciplinary teams to create superior solutions and impressive commercial returns for our clients.
Star is truly global. That is why we are the first major consulting company that does not have headquarters. Instead, we have many front doors, spanning Silicon Valley, Tokyo, London, Munich, Copenhagen, Kyiv, Wroclaw, Ho Chi Minh City, and other vibrant design, technology, and creative nuclei of the world. Our spirited and growing 750+ strong Star Crew takes great pride in working side by side with their trailblazing counterparts at some of the world’s most disruptive “unicorn” startups and iconic global brands like Lufthansa, Dolby Laboratories, BMW, Panasonic, Walmart, and Zeiss.
Our mission is to make every great person, every great idea, and every great company shine. That’s why we’re called Star.
We’re looking for a Visual Designer to join our Wroclaw team on location or remotely. We’re a tight-knit group of designers collaborating locally & remotely with the other 60+ Star designers from Europe, North America, and Asia.
We are involved in digital products’ creation on all stages – from research and strategy through prototyping and testing to visual and motion design. Now, we’re looking for a Visual Designer who will be able to design for all visual aspects of the product: UI, branding, visual identity, visual storytelling, and more.
We’re looking for a Visual Designer, but we’re open to hiring individuals from different design paths and seniorities. You might be a great fit if you previously had a title of Product Designer, UI Designer, UX/UI Designer, Communication Designer, Graphic Designer, or similar. Simply, we are looking for someone who will be fun to work with and will be able to bring the visual aspect of the product to the next level.
Core skills and experience:
- 4+ years of work experience;
- An excellent portfolio showcasing experience design, interface design, and visual design work for mobile, web, and other platforms;
- A command of visual and communication design principles including typography, grid systems with experience applying this knowledge to digital experiences;
- Experience designing, building, maintaining, and implementing pixel-perfect design systems;
- Ability to communicate design concepts through sketches;
- Highly skilled in Figma, Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, and other design tools of your choice;
- Familiarity with software development processes and working in teams;
- English is upper-intermediate and up, both written and spoken.
- Being a visual thinker, expressing ideas visually freely;
- Excellent eye for detail, typography, color, and layout;
- Ability to give & receive design critique;
- Enthusiasm for an iterative design process;
- Able to function independently and in a team environment, with excellent collaboration skills;
- Great communication and presentation skills; both written and verbal;
- Plan your day considering collaboration with the team;
- Elicit additional info and feedback within the project team;
- Affinity for consistency and attention to the details;
- Flexibility, open-mindedness, ability, and desire to learn;
- Ability to effectively communicate your ideas and approach across product design team, developers and stakeholders.
- Motion Design skills – Preferably ability to animate in After Effects;
- Experience or willingness to learn 3D design with Cinema 4D or similar;
- Experience with automotive, healthcare, AR, large-scale web platforms or mobile apps.
- Design holistically for all visual aspects of the product: visual identity, UI, and storytelling;
- Tailor design processes by applying the right methodologies at the right time;
- Proactively handle ambiguity, stay open-minded, willing to learn, and ready to improvise;
- Be comfortable in a team-based environment locally and globally.
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a rewarding compensation and benefits package, intellectually and creatively stimulating environment, professional flexibility and unique international travel opportunities.
Star is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that equity, diversity and inclusion are key to our ability to provide our clients and crew members with unique business and career outcomes. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability have no effect on our hiring decisions. If you have a special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.