We’re looking for a Visual Designer. Based in Wroclaw, you will join the organically growing team of designers who work across physical and digital product domains. Your global team of colleagues includes designers, strategists, software and hardware technologists — together you will be tasked with creating industry-defining products.
Core skills and experience:
- 4+ years of work experience
- An excellent portfolio showcasing UX, UI and visual design work for mobile, web and other media.
- A command of visual and communication design principles including typography, grid systems with experience applying this knowledge to digital experiences.
- Experience designing, building, maintaining and implementing pixel-perfect design systems.
- Ability to communicate design concepts through sketches and wireframes.
- Highly skilled in Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator and other design tools.
- Preferably ability to animate in AfterEffects, have experience with Cinema 4d.
- Familiarity with software development processes and working in teams.
- English – upper-intermediate and up, both written and spoken
- Enthusiasm for an iterative design process, inspired by group critique.
- Able to function independently and in a team environment, with excellent collaboration skills.
- Great communication and presentation skills; both written and verbal.
- Plan your day considering collaboration with the team
- Elicit additional info and feedback within the project team
- Affinity for consistency and attention to the details
- Flexibility, open-mindedness, ability, and desire to learn
- Ability to effectively communicate your ideas and approach across product design team, developers and stakeholders
- Extensive experience with large-scale web platforms and professional tools
- Tailor design processes by applying the right methodologies at the right time
- Proactively handle ambiguity, stay open-minded, willing to learn and ready to improvise
- Control project timelines and manage expectations with the client
- Apply wide-ranging design methods from research and ideation to hands-on design implementation
- Facilitate output-orientated workshops with clients and team members
- Be comfortable in a team-based environment locally and globally
Star is a global consultancy that connects strategy, design, engineering and marketing services into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way – no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our strategists, designers and engineers to create useful, scalable products and solutions. We are 750 strategists, designers, engineers and marketers in 12 locations around the world, and we are here to make every great idea, every great person and every great company shine. That is why we’re called Star.
Compensation and Benefits
Star offers a competitive and rewarding salary and benefits package as well as an intellectually and creatively stimulating work environment. You will find professional flexibility, new ways of working and unique international travel opportunities.