As Star continues to expand, we’re looking for an energetic, empathetic, and execution-oriented Director to lead our sales growth in Japan. It’s a strategically important role in one of our most important markets, and the successful applicant will be a critical contributor to our growth. As our Sales Director, you’ll be focused on acquiring new logos and building the Japanese client base across all of our verticals.
Qualifications & Experience
- Substantial experience in global design, value-adding technology services, or strategy consulting services is an absolute must
- Proven ability to consistently meet and over-achieve sales targets
- Thought leadership and strong knowledge of Star’s areas of technology expertise within design, design-thinking, Big Data Management, Machine Learning, M2M Connectivity, Data Science, etc. is a big plus
- Demonstrated ability to manage all phases of the customer engagement and sales process
- A strategic mindset and experience using consultative approaches to bring new clients on board through a disarming and empathetic attitude
- Exposure to the technology startup and corporate innovation ecosystems, and experience engaging with C-level leaders
- Experience with software platforms and technologies (the Web, mobile, cloud, embedded), and an early adopter mindset with a passion for the latest technology trends, apps, and gadgets
- Team player
- Inclusiveness for the person’s requirement
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally 10-20% of the time
- The ability to balance a self-starter mentality with the need to adhere to agreed processes
- Lead Japanese sales growth for Star with a focus on new logo acquisition
- Manage the entire sales cycle from research to closing deals as well as overseeing successful delivery and client satisfaction
- Take strategic responsibility for identifying target verticals and businesses and defining a sales plan. Execute on this plan, and close projects with well-funded early-stage and late-stage startups and larger Fortune 500 enterprises
- Work closely with a Country Manager and Star global design team, generate a pipeline of high-potential design-related engagements (including consumer, industrial, and digital design projects) to 25-35% of your quota.
- Spend a significant amount of time in the field developing and leveraging relationships through personal meetings, presentations, and networking.
- Identify opportunities within existing and prospective customers. Work with customers and a local Star team to determine requirements and specifications supervised by a country manager
- Build the unique value proposition for each client, and shape and close new projects with customers
- Own the commercial funnel, ensuring that there are high-potential clients at each stage, and a continuous and growing flow of new relationships, new deals, and repeat customers
Star is a global consultancy that connects strategy, design, engineering, and marketing services into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way—no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our strategists, designers, and engineers to create useful, scalable products and solutions. We are 750 strategists, designers, engineers, and marketers in 12 locations around the world, and we are here to make every great idea, every great person and every great company shine. That is why we’re called Star.
Compensation and Benefits
Star offers a competitive and rewarding salary and benefits package, as well as an intellectually and creatively stimulating work environment, flexibility, and unique international travel opportunities.