Please note that to work remotely, you should be a resident of the country specified in the job description.
We are looking for you!
We are looking for you, a Business Development Director experienced in product design and development processes that can translate technical aspects into business language.
You will work within a commercial team focusing on the AdTech and MarTech industry, reporting to the Managing Director. You should have experience uncovering new customer business needs and tracking changes in existing ones while helping our clients achieve their desired outcomes.
You will be responsible for one of Star’s global relationships in this space, specifically for maintaining and growing the overall account, deepening our current relationship, uncovering new customer business needs and enabling our clients to achieve their desired outcomes now and into the future.
The role requires a critical ear for problem definition, well-articulated storytelling and the ability to connect commercial, technology, product, design and strategy requirements into one seamless customer interaction across multiple workstreams.
Skills and experience you can bring to this role!
Qualifications & Experience:
- 5+ years experience in client leadership, customer success, sales or business development in a consulting firm offering design, technology and/or strategy services;
- Experience working with customers within the AdTech or MarTech industry;
- Understand the unique challenges and pain points of the industry, and how to solve these issues using strategy, design and technology solutions;
- Active network in the AdTech & MarTech industry;
- Software delivery experience in project, program, delivery, product management, QA or engineering leadership roles;
- Sales hunter and farmer experience with a strong ability to identify, progress and close new opportunities with current and former customers;
- Proven experience in managing and developing client and team relationships through a value-adding ability;
- Exceptional organizational, presentational and communicational skills at all levels of a customer organization, including the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences, including the C-level decision-makers;
- Experience working with a structured account plan and ensuring proper anchoring of the plan with key company stakeholders;
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Experience in building customer success processes and overseeing the implementation on a global scale;
- Experience targeting and growing strategic accounts from the ground up;
- An ability to consult on best delivery practices from hands-on experience;
- Experience working with distributed multicultural teams.
What impact you’ll make
As a Business Development Director at Star, you will develop client relationships to understand their business objectives and needs better.
- Leverage developing client relationship knowledge to align our delivery to customers’ desired outcomes and identify new opportunities;
- Target and grow new strategic client relationships from the ground up, including building and growing key client stakeholders relationships;
- Create the strategy for engagement retention and growth for each client in your portfolio;
- Execute growth plans with the project leadership team, along with the occasional involvement of executive sponsors;
- Take advantage of new opportunities and lead sales activities, from scoping to contract signature and kick-off;
- Appropriately manage customer expectations and feedback in the client’s native language and across seniority levels;
- Conduct business reviews with customers, including reviewing engagement milestones and key metrics, analyzing challenges, making recommendations, aligning on the roadmap and collating feedback;
- Action an improvement plan prior to the next reporting period;
- Maintain project profitability targets, oversee billing and control fixed-price contract budgets;
- Strike a balance between being the customer’s and the team’s advocate by steering complex account situations towards win-win resolutions;
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction and upwardly trending NPS;
- Mobilize successful customers to drive testimonials, case studies and referrals.
What you’ll get
Regardless of your position or role, we have in place a wide array of benefits including flexible working (hybrid/remote models) and generous time off policies (unlimited vacations, sick and parental leaves) to make it easier for all people to thrive and succeed at Star. On top of that, we offer an extensive rewarding and compensation package, intellectually and creatively stimulating space, health insurance and some more.
Your holistic wellbeing is central at Star. You'll join a warm and vibrant multinational environment filled with impactful projects, career development opportunities, mentorship and training programs, fun sports activities, workshops, networking and outdoor meet-ups.