We are looking for you!
We're seeking an execution-oriented Business Development Director to lead our growth in the USA. Reporting to the CCO, you have experience with, and are passionate about, supporting clients to transform through strategy, design and technology. You are an up-to-date technology leader that can empathise with and lead clients through the product development challenges faced by startups and innovation-driven corporations. You should have experience with either selling or delivering technology/consulting services. Finally, you should be passionate about working with clients and internal stakeholders to shape deals that meet our clients' needs and leverage our unique value proposition.
Skills and experience you can bring to this role!
Qualifications & experience:
- 7+ years of sales/business development experience;
- Some of your sales experience must be in selling design, engineering or consulting services;
- Sales hunter experience with a strong ability to identify and open new accounts;
- Demonstrated capability to manage all phases of the sales process - from lead generation to closing deals and developing client relationships;
- Proven ability to close deals and meet quota objectives - we expect you to provide details of quota achievements;
- Experience in some of our key business and technology domains, including: Automotive & Mobility, HealthTech, FinTech or AdTech & MarTech;
- Fluent spoken and written English.
- Experience with software platforms and technologies (web, mobile, cloud, embedded);
- An early adopter mindset with a passion for the latest technology trends, apps, gadgets, and companies;
- Exposure to technology startups and corporate innovation ecosystems - either through direct employment, client relationships, or personal network.
What impact you’ll make
As a Business Development Director at Star, you are expected to manage and excel in all phases of the sales cycle.
- Set and deliver the commercial strategy for the region;
- Generate leads from industry and networking events while working with our marketing team to ensure the appropriate field support;
- Nurture your leads, whether they originate from your efforts, referrals, marketing programs, or our inside sales team;
- Identify and prioritise opportunities, and collaborate with our pre-sales team to create winning proposals;
- Manage client relationships, and work closely with project managers to ensure client satisfaction and develop additional business;
- Own your sales funnel, ensuring that enough leads are touched at the top and managed through each stage of the funnel to become deals and repeat customers;
- Spend a significant portion of time in the field, developing and leveraging relationships through personal meetings, presentations, networking, speaking engagements, or social outings.
What you’ll get
Regardless of your position or role, we have in place a wide array of benefits including flexible working (hybrid/remote models) and generous time off policies (unlimited vacations, sick and parental leaves) to make it easier for all people to thrive and succeed at Star. On top of that, we offer an extensive rewarding and compensation package, intellectually and creatively stimulating space, health insurance and some more.
Your holistic wellbeing is central at Star. You'll join a warm and vibrant multinational environment filled with impactful projects, career development opportunities, mentorship and training programs, fun sports activities, workshops, networking and outdoor meet-ups.