Please note that to work remotely, you should be a resident of the country specified in the job description.
We are looking for you!
We’re looking for an energetic, empathetic, and execution-oriented Managing Director, experienced with and passionate about the newest technology trends in the automotive industry. We expect you to be an up-to-date technology enthusiast who can empathize with the product development challenges that the major automotive companies in the world face in product and software development. You should be passionate about working with clients and internal stakeholders to shape deals that meet their needs and that leverage our unique value proposition. We expect you to have strong personal relations with some of the largest automotive companies.
The position is a senior business leadership role, and you will lead a virtual team of internal resources and report directly to the Chief Commercial Officer.
Skills and experience you can bring to this role!
Qualifications and experience:
- 10+ years of sales/business development experience, must include some experience in selling design, engineering, or consulting services within the automotive industry;
- Thought leadership and specific knowledge of key topics, including emerging technology trends and cutting-edge developments within the automotive industry;
- Sales hunter experience with a strong ability to identify and open new accounts, as well as an existing network in the automotive industry;
- Experience using consultative approaches to bring new clients on board through a charming attitude, and an empathetic and strategic mindset;
- Proven ability to consistently meet and over-achieve sales targets;
- Demonstrated capability to manage all phases of the sales process - from lead generation to closing deals and developing client relationships;
- Ability to be strategic and hands-on as required in collaboration with other internal departments;
- Fluent spoken and written English;
- Strategic thinker, able to see the big picture;
- Able to represent and effectively balance all stakeholders;
- Exhibits highest degree of personal and professional integrity;
- Execute on ideas quickly and act as a constructive challenger.
- Experience with software platforms and technologies (web, mobile, cloud, embedded), and an early adopter mindset with a passion for the latest technology trends, apps, gadgets, and companies;
- Experience with building business globally ;
- Exposure to technology startups and corporate innovation ecosystems - either through direct employment, client relationships, or personal network;
- Balance of self-starter mentality and ability to adhere to processes.
What impact you’ll make
The Global Head of Automotive & Mobility at Star is expected to manage and excel in all phases of the sales cycle:
- Lead global automotive growth for Star, with a primary focus on client engagement, and building the client base;
- Facilitate a global team of Automotive & Mobility experts that work to generate marketing content and set the direction for our global activities in the Automotive & Mobility industry;
- Oversee all global commercial activity within Automotive & Mobility;
- The Managing Director of Automotive & Mobility is expected to do business development and manage client relationships;
- Work closely with internal stakeholders and functions in a matrix organization in order to achieve corporate goals and targets;
- Create the new account targeting strategy, execute on this plan, and close and expand new business within the region;
- Spend a significant portion of time in the field, developing and leveraging relationships through personal meetings, presentations, and networking;
- Identify opportunities with existing and prospective clients. Work with clients and the Star team to determine requirements and specifications;
- Build a unique client value proposition for each client, and shape and close new projects with clients;
- Navigate large OEM and Tier 1 companies, responsible for level-selling, stakeholder mapping on a global level;
- Be an executive sponsor of the client relationships to ensure service delivery is satisfactory by maintaining project profitability and client satisfaction targets;
- Own the commercial funnel for Automotive & Mobility deals, ensuring there are high-potential prospects in each stage of the funnel with a continuous and growing flow of new relationships, new deals, and repeat clients;
- Be a master of the competitive and technological landscape.
What you’ll get
Regardless of your position or role, we have in place a wide array of benefits including flexible working (hybrid/remote models) and generous time off policies (unlimited vacations, sick and parental leaves) to make it easier for all people to thrive and succeed at Star. On top of that, we offer an extensive rewarding and compensation package, intellectually and creatively stimulating space, health insurance and some more.
Your holistic wellbeing is central at Star. You'll join a warm and vibrant multinational environment filled with impactful projects, career development opportunities, mentorship and training programs, fun sports activities, workshops, networking and outdoor meet-ups.