At Star, we connect strategy, insights, design, and engineering into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way—no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our multidisciplinary teams to create superior solutions and impressive commercial returns for our clients.
Star is truly global. That is why we are the first major consulting company that does not have headquarters. Instead, we have many front doors, spanning Silicon Valley, Tokyo, London, Munich, Copenhagen, Kyiv, Wroclaw, Ho Chi Minh City, and other vibrant design, technology, and creative nuclei of the world. Our spirited and growing 750+ strong Star Crew takes great pride in working side by side with their trailblazing counterparts at some of the world’s most disruptive “unicorn” startups and iconic global brands like Lufthansa, Dolby Laboratories, BMW, Panasonic, Walmart, and Zeiss.
Our mission is to make every great person, every great idea, and every great company shine. That’s why we’re called Star.
We’re looking for a Visual Designer. Based in HCMC, you will join the organically growing team of designers who work across physical and digital product domains. Your global team of colleagues includes designers, strategists, software and hardware technologists—together you will be tasked with creating industry-defining products.
Core skills and experience:
- 4+ years of work experience;
- An excellent portfolio showcasing experience design, interface design and visual design work for mobile, web and other platforms;
- A command of visual and communication design principles including typography, grid systems with experience applying this knowledge to digital experiences;
- Experience designing, building, maintaining and implementing pixel-perfect design systems;
- Ability to communicate design concepts through sketches and wireframes;
- Highly skilled in Figma, Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator and other design tools;
- Preferably ability to animate in After Effects, have experience with Cinema 4D;
- Familiarity with software development processes and working in teams;
- English is upper-intermediate and up, both written and spoken.
- Enthusiasm for an iterative design process, inspired by group critique;
- Able to function independently and in a team environment, with excellent collaboration skills;
- Great communication and presentation skills; both written and verbal;
- Plan your day considering collaboration with the team;
- Elicit additional info and feedback within the project team;
- Affinity for consistency and attention to the details;
- Flexibility, open-mindedness, ability, and desire to learn;
- Ability to effectively communicate your ideas and approach across product design team, developers and stakeholders.
- Extensive experience with automotive, AR, large-scale web platforms and mobile apps.
- Tailor design processes by applying the right methodologies at the right time;
- Proactively handle ambiguity, stay open-minded, willing to learn and ready to improvise;
- Control project timelines and manage expectations with the client;
- Apply wide-ranging design methods from research and ideation to hands-on design implementation;
- Facilitate output-orientated workshops with clients and team members;
- Be comfortable in a team-based environment locally and globally.
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a rewarding compensation and benefits package, intellectually and creatively stimulating environment, professional flexibility and unique international travel opportunities.
Star is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that equity, diversity and inclusion are key to our ability to provide our clients and crew members with unique business and career outcomes. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability have no effect on our hiring decisions. If you have a special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.