We offer an interesting key position where you’ll get to create but especially execute the Marketing Strategy that grows a strong footprint for Star in Tokyo. You will be working across several marketing and communications disciplines to build your plan. You have a strong and passionate global team to support you, all of whom possess a ‘can do’ attitude. Including you.
Reporting directly to the CMO and with dotted line to the local Commercial Director, you will work closely with the Global Marketing and Lead Development organisations and be an integrated part of the Japan Team.
What are we bringing to Tokyo:
- Successfully transforming global enterprises to the digital age
- Catalyzing growth for technology startups
- Award-winning physical and digital technology products for massive scale and market success
- Specific focus on several industries, such as Automotive, Consumer Electronics, AdTech/MarketingTech
Qualifications & experience:
- An established marketing professional with at least +5 years of hands-on programmatic marketing experience within the startup and/or corporate digital transformation realms, and likely to come from a fresh and nimble technology, management consulting, or design agency company.
- Passion about building a business from scratch locally but with strong global support which is why you are not only a strong self starter but also excellent at collaboration.
- A tough program manager, and will bring the energy, experience, and tools required to establish the Star brand and drive customer acquisition.
- Excellent team working behaviors to respect diversity and inclusiveness
- A measurable track record of success devising and running marketing programs for high-tech and professional services firms
- Strong experience putting together high touch events, thought leadership programs, and other curated lead-generation activities
- A strong background creating and implementing programmatic demand generation programs
- Experience owning and nurturing a company’s brand
- Strong communications and social media skills
- Experience working with the Startup ecosystem and/or with Tech, UX, and Design
- You speak and write English and Japanese fluently
Your objectives are:
- To help Star Japan’ growth and success in the local market by building a Marketing Strategy aligned with the Sales Strategy for growing the Star footprint in the Japanese domestic companies that require support for digital transformation to obtain the competitive advantage of the global and local market.
- Build strong sales and marketing content and use it proactively to drive effective inbound marketing activities and weaponize sales with the right tools and collaterals
- Plan and execute lead generation activities to meet regional targets
- Drive the planning and execution of events, seminars and partner sales acceleration programs
- Build awareness and consideration of Star’s brand in Japan through social media and owned, earned, and paid PR including speaking opportunities and events.
- Execute web marketing activities such as creating the locally second to none website.
Star is a global consultancy that connects strategy, design, engineering and marketing services into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way – no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our strategists, designers and engineers to create useful, scalable products and solutions. We are 750 strategists, designers, engineers and marketers in 12 locations around the world, and we are here to make every great idea, every great person and every great company shine. That is why we’re called Star.
Compensation and Benefits
Star offers a competitive and rewarding salary and benefits package, as well as an intellectually and creatively stimulating work environment, flexibility, and unique international travel opportunities.