At Star, we connect strategy, insights, design, and engineering into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way—no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our multidisciplinary teams to create superior solutions and impressive commercial returns for our clients.
Star is truly global. That is why we are the first major consulting company that does not have headquarters. Instead, we have many front doors, spanning Silicon Valley, Tokyo, London, Munich, Copenhagen, Kyiv, Wroclaw, Ho Chi Minh City, and other vibrant design, technology, and creative nuclei of the world. Our spirited and growing 750+ strong Star Crew takes great pride in working side by side with their trailblazing counterparts at some of the world’s most disruptive “unicorn” startups and iconic global brands like Lufthansa, Dolby Laboratories, BMW, Panasonic, Walmart, and Zeiss.
Our mission is to make every great person, every great idea, and every great company shine. That’s why we’re called Star.
We are looking for a Front-End Engineer to become a core member of our new projects. You will handle either the entire product development process or, at the very least, a significant part. You will work closely with the clients, determine the product functionality, define the architecture, and estimate the overall work. When you join our ranks, you will work closely with world-class technology entrepreneurs from the world’s most prominent innovation hubs. These include Silicon Valley, Scandinavia, United Kingdom, Germany, and many other countries that may require business trips.
Qualifications & Experience
- 3+ years of experience as a Front-End Engineer (web, mobile, enterprise projects);
- Core expertise in FE and knowledge of different modern JS frameworks (Angular, React, Vue.js), Angular is a must;
- Experience in writing semantic HTML5, CSS3 and CSS preprocessors like Sass and Less;
- Expert developing against RESTful APIs;
- Understanding of app/browser performance and techniques / cross-browser/platform issues;
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, control management, build processes, testing, and operations;
- Upper-Intermediate level of spoken and written English.
- Adapt existing methods and procedures to create alternative solutions to moderately complex problems;
- Development of the new functionality to support existing web application;
- Participation in the code review sessions;
- Use of own judgment to determine the optimal solution to recommend;
- Generally interact with peers and/or management levels;
- Determination and following of the methods and procedures on new assignments with minimal guidance.
- Working toward a common goal first;
- Always being ready to help;
- Willingly sharing useful knowledge;
- Going the extra mile to get things done;
- Living up to commitments and expectations;
- Taking responsibility for decisions;
- Thinking constructively to find win\win solutions;
- Treating people equally and with respect.
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a rewarding compensation and benefits package, intellectually and creatively stimulating environment, professional flexibility and unique international travel opportunities.
Star is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that equity, diversity and inclusion are key to our ability to provide our clients and crew members with unique business and career outcomes. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability have no effect on our hiring decisions. If you have a special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.