You are already recognized as a creative yet relentlessly programmatic marketing leader who wants to take things to the next level. You take pride in building global brands as well as crafting and executing impactful marketing programs.
Here is your next career opportunity! As Vice President of Global Marketing at Star, you will define, run, and own initiatives that will grow Star’s market share through our ability to attract world-class customers and employees.
Star is a global team of product creators. We have grown over 30% annually for over a decade, expanding the depth of our consulting services, geographic footprint and the industries we serve. We are now looking forward to the next ten years of rapid growth, as we become a household name in consulting.
At Star, we connect strategy, insights, design and engineering into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way—no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our multidisciplinary teams to create superior solutions and impressive commercial returns for our clients.
Star is truly global. That is why we are the first major consulting company that does not have headquarters. Instead, we have many front doors spanning Silicon Valley, Tokyo, London, Munich, Copenhagen, Kyiv, Wroclaw, Ho Chi Minh City and other vibrant design, technology and creative nuclei of the world. Our spirited and growing 750+ strong Star Crew takes great pride in working side by side with their trailblazing counterparts at some of the world’s most disruptive “unicorn” startups and iconic global brands like Lufthansa, Dolby Laboratories, BMW, Panasonic, Walmart and Zeiss.
Our mission is to make every great person, every great idea, and every great company shine. That’s why we’re called Star.
We are looking for you: an experienced, genuinely global marketing leader who will run a 15+ strong (and growing) team, own a rapidly growing marketing budget and be instrumental in strengthening our brand, increasing our audience reach, acquiring new customers, deepening our talent acquisition capabilities, and ensuring our positioning is defined, communicated and understood.
As a VP of Global Marketing, you will own and execute the overall marketing strategy, which spans both customer and talent acquisition and retention programs.
We'd love to hear from you if the following describes you:
- Have a core belief that marketing is equal parts creativity and programmatic management, and you love dashboards, KPIs and OKRs;
- Can connect our audiences to our services in exciting and novel ways that solidly differentiate Star from the classic incumbents in the consulting space;
- A driven leader, ready to define and execute on a global marketing vision;
- A master storyteller, driven by empathy and inspired by design;
- Passionate about innovation, technology and the trends reshaping our world;
- Able to mentor, educate, inspire and bring together crew members regardless of seniority, position or location;
- Are player-coach with a strategic vision rooted in endgames;
- A stickler for 100% brand fidelity, ensuring that the Star brand and messaging portfolio is effectively and consistently applied throughout the organization.
You'll report directly to the CEO and be an integral part of our management team. You'll also be in close and constant contact with our brand owners, industry experts and other key leaders.
Qualifications & Experience:
- 12+ years of creative and programmatic marketing experience;
- Creative brand marketing expertise, including previously led brand and communication projects for brands that people love;
- Hands-on familiarity with strategic positioning and target audiences;
- Deep understanding of digital marketing tools and activities;
- Passion for analytics and data;
- Proven track record of hiring, inspiring, and managing crew members;
- Impeccable aesthetics, you are recognized as a tastemaker;
- Experience in the professional technology / design services industry.
- Process and methodology expertise;
- Strong working knowledge of the creative process as a whole, with varied experience across graphic design, interactive design, digital, social media, event and video/broadcast;
- Proven ability to provide clear, creative direction to designers and writers alike to ensure that the teams are set up to succeed;
- Fast-paced, highly collaborative and team-oriented mindset;
- Experience across Europe, the Americas and Asia.
Would be a plus:
- Experience in a hyper-growth company;
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field such as Marketing or Communications.
- Increase brand awareness through development and implementation of a cohesive global marketing plan;
- Own, allocate and track marketing budget;
- Execute, monitor, scrutinize, and improve marketing campaigns;
- Oversee and set OKRs for the team;
- Oversee content creation of all marketing materials and brand design elements, including concept development, creative direction and tactical execution;
- Build deep understanding of competitive landscape, provide competitive insights that inform marketing and positioning decisions;
- Guide and inform employer branding programs;
- Use creative PR strategies to build relationships with stakeholders and media;
- Provide Star’s management and Board of Directors with marketing metrics and performance reports; and
- Generate new outreach ideas and concepts based on the Star brand and audience insights.
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a rewarding compensation and benefits package, intellectually and creatively stimulating environment, professional flexibility and unique international travel opportunities.
Star is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that equity, diversity and inclusion are key to our ability to provide our clients and crew members with unique business and career outcomes. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability have no effect on our hiring decisions. If you have a special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.