Star acquires MedTech experts Pro4People
Our endgame is to be the world’s leading innovation partner for every step of our clients' digital journey.
We’re looking for ambitious, like-minded companies to become part of Star and realize this vision together.
See how we partner with our clients to co-create meaningful products and solutions.
Who we are
At Star, we connect strategy, insights, design and engineering into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way – no matter how long or complex their journey.
We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our multidisciplinary teams to create superior solutions and impressive commercial returns for our clients.
Why we evolve
Strategic acquisitions play a critical role in growing, evolving and diversifying our business. And ultimately in reaching our endgame.
By becoming part of Star, together we can:
- Execute our strategic priorities and create new opportunities for business expansion and diversification.
- Strengthen the value proposition we bring to market, ensuring we continue to stand out in an increasingly competitive space.
- Expand and diversify our service offering to become market leaders in each segment we serve.
- Create new growth platforms that set us up for continued evolution and building our next multi-million dollar business units.
- Accelerate our time-to-market and time-to-scale in new domains and markets.
How you benefit
by joining Star
Being a part of Star is a win for you, your employees and your company as a whole.
Star is on a fast-paced growth journey. By being a part of Star, your company will benefit from our mature and scalable commercial engine.
Your offering will be injected into our global go-to-market model centered on our core industry practices, allowing you to focus on what you do best. The result will be a massively increased pipeline and portfolio of exciting clients and projects.
Scale reach and impact
Your services will be integrated into our end-to-end offering allowing your team to join even more diverse and multi-disciplinary project teams.
You will also gain access to new markets and work with new, global clients on complex challenges and projects. And you’ll be able to offer your existing clients even better solutions.
Expand career opportunities
With our proven track record of talent attraction and retention, we will help grow and strengthen your team, offering them new opportunities for personal and professional development.
Leaders in your company will continue to leverage their valuable experience and capabilities within Star to help shape the direction of the combined business. To ensure a smooth integration, we'll work with you to map out opportunities and responsibilities that motivate your team.
Increase equity value
By joining forces with Star, you will become a shareholder in a fast-growing digital innovation consultancy with a rapidly increasing valuation.
Our strong growth, unique positioning and future liquidity potential provides a significant upside to your Star shares. And by being part of a larger organization, you decrease the inherent operational and financial risks of a smaller business.
Interested in growing with Star?
Our M&A program is centered on strengthening our industry practices and service lines, as well as entering new markets.
Deep expertise is core to our go-to-market strategy, and we are keen to integrate specialist firms into our industry practices.
- SaMD & DTx
- Digital Banking
- HMI & Infotainment
- Mobility Platforms
- Connected Vehicle
We want to expand and reinforce our current value proposition in digital innovation and product development with like-minded firms.
- Digital product design
- Service design
- Design research
- Data Science
- Digital Strategy
- Innovation Strategy
- Venture Building
We look for businesses that strengthen our geographical presence and give us access to new markets, clients or top-tier talent.
- Latin America
- AdTech & MarTech
- Industry & Manufacturing
- Consumer Electronics & IoT
- Marketing & Advertising
- Managed Services
Are you ready to scale your impact?
What makes a good fit
Each company we explore an acquisition with has its own unique profile and fit with Star. In addition to the fit with our focus areas, we look at a set of key parameters when assessing companies for a potential acquisition.
Track record of growth
High double-digit growth over the past three years and ability to double in size over the next three years.
Scale and profitability
$3-20M annual revenue with a strong EBITDA margin and positive net margins.
Ambitious leadership team
Commitment to integrating, operating and rapidly scaling your impact as a part of Star.
Attractive client portfolio
High customer retention and satisfaction, and accounts (ideally industry leaders) with growth potential.
High employee satisfaction, low attrition and a good balance of junior and senior team members.
A diverse team with a pragmatic and global mindset, dedicated to delivering superior client outcomes that stand out from the crowd.
Our shared journey
We strive to make the M&A process with Star transparent and efficient. While every discussion has its own timeline, there are some high-level phases we go through together.
- We get to know each other through mutual introductions in sessions with our M&A and leadership teams.
- Through these interactions we each make our early assessment of fit and interest to determine whether to proceed with further discussions.
- We focus on understanding your capabilities, assessing the health of your business, determining the cultural fit and building a vision for what we will accomplish together.
- We also provide more details of Star’s business, strategy, and future liquidity scenarios for shareholders.
- If the mutual fit and interest are strong, we move into preparing an indicative offer which forms the basis of negotiation, hopefully leading to an agreement on key transaction terms.
- These terms will then be documented in a Term Sheet (or Letter of Intent) that allows us to move into the final steps of the acquisition process.
- With a signed Term Sheet in hand we kick off our in-depth due diligence and integration planning.
- We typically perform due diligence within the commercial, operational, delivery, people, financial and legal aspects of the company.
- We also prepare the necessary legal documents, and upon signing these documents and completing the closing actions the acquisition is finalized. Time to celebrate!
- We immediately begin executing our integration plan across commercial, organizational and operational areas.
- Emphasis is on immediately catalyzing growth, ensuring employee and client satisfaction, and becoming one unified team.
Our M&A experience
Director of Regulatory Consulting and Technology at Star
“After 8 years in the MedTech market, we realized that to be a significant player, we needed scale. We viewed M&A as a way to leapfrog several levels of organic growth.
We wanted a like-minded partner who understood our domain and had shared values. Star was a great fit, and it was clear what we could accomplish together.
We’re now working on larger-scale projects with exciting global clients, our team has found new challenges and opportunities within Star, and any concern we had at the outset was addressed and put to rest.”
Meet our M&A team
To provide the right incentives for shareholders of acquired companies to continue their career at Star for many years to come, we structure all of our transactions as majority equity deals. The specific balance between cash and equity will vary from deal to deal and depend on a number of factors.
We also structure deals on an industry-standard 3-year payout schedule, tied to milestones and/or KPIs that we agree on together.