Recruitment Privacy Notice
Star (hereinafter – "Star", "We") holds and processes a wide range of information related to individuals who apply to work for Star. This Recruitment Privacy Notice explains the type of information We process, why and how that processing may affect individuals with our recruitment process and programs.
This Privacy Notice only applies to the personal data of job applicants, potential candidates for employment or partnership and those who participate in our recruiting programs and events. Star receives this personal data directly through the online application process, follow-up communications and/or alternative channels (e.g., via professional recruiting firms). We may also collect and process your personal data if We engage in due diligence related to a potential corporate acquisition of your current employer. This Privacy Notice does not apply to our employees, contractors or clients, or other personal data that Star collects for other purposes.
We use the following software for recruitment:
We will process your personal data in accordance with this Privacy Notice unless this processing conflicts with the requirements of applicable law, in which case, the applicable law will prevail.
By submitting your personal data to us, you acknowledge that you have read and understood this Privacy Notice and agree to the use of your personal data as set out herein.
We will comply with data protection law and principles, which means that your data will be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way
- Collected only for valid purposes that We have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes
- Relevant to the purposes We have told you about and limited only to those purposes
- Accurate and kept up to date
- Maintained only for as long as necessary for the purposes We have told you about, i.e. in relation to the recruitment exercise
- Kept securely and protected against unlawful processing and loss or destruction using appropriate technical and organizational measures
We may collect the following personal information from you:
- Contact details (e.g., name, email, telephone number)
- Education, academic and professional qualifications
- Locations and interest in global opportunities
- Employment history
- Areas of interest and specialized knowledge/subject matter
- Other information within your resume/CV that you choose to submit
We may also obtain the following personal information about you from third party sources:
- Social media profile information, if you choose to provide us with a link to your profile page
- Information from social media sites you are a member of, specific to your engagement with our recruitment campaigns
We collect and use your personal data for legitimate human resources and business management reasons, including:
- Identifying and evaluating candidates for potential employment, as well as for future roles that may become available
- Maintaining records relating to recruiting and hiring
- Ensuring compliance with legal requirements
- To attract talent and market opportunities at Star, including by arranging, hosting and participating in events, marketing and advertising opportunities, including on social media, and using recruiters to help find talent for us
- To identify and source talent, including by searching our talent pool and publicly available sources (such as professional networking and job websites you are a member of)
- To evaluate you for open positions that match your interests and experience throughout the Star network, manage your talent profile, send you email notifications, surveys and other announcements, request additional information or otherwise contact you regarding recruitment, events, thought leadership or other opportunities We believe may interest you
- To conduct statistical analyses and create reports
- To administer and manage our careers websites and communicate with you about careers at Star
- Any other purposes stated when you provide the information to Star
Legal basis for processing your personal data
We process your personal data for the purposes mentioned above, based on:
- Legitimate interest – Evaluating your application to manage our relationship with you, to ensure that We recruit appropriate employees, and to evaluate and maintain the efficacy of our recruiting process more generally
- Contract – Performing contractual and precontractual measures relating to our potential employment relationship
- Legal obligation – Complying with applicable law with regard to personal data necessary to satisfy our legal or regulatory obligations
- Consent – We may seek your consent to process your data
We will share your personal data internally for recruitment purposes with members of the recruitment team, interviewers involved in the recruitment process, managers in the area with a vacancy and support staff if access to the data is necessary to perform their roles.
We will share your personal data with the third parties contractually obligated to follow security and data protection measures. All our third-party service providers and other entities in the group are required to take appropriate security measures to protect your personal data in line with our policies. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes. We only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and following our instructions.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed. In addition, We limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need-to-know. They will only process your personal data according to our specific instructions, and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We retain the personal information processed by us for as long as necessary for the purpose(s) it was collected. We may hold personal information for longer periods when the law requires extended retention periods, regulation, or professional standards and to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
In accordance with applicable law, you may have one or more of the following rights:
- To request a copy of the personal data that We hold about you and details of how We use that information
- To amend or rectify your personal data if any of the information held about you is incorrect or out of date
- To the portability of your personal data
- To request the erasure of your personal data
- To demand that We cease the processing of your personal data or that we restrict the processing of your personal data
- To withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data, to the extent our processing relies on your consent as the lawful basis for processing
- To provide us with instructions as to the processing of your personal data in case of death
To make any of these requests or to ask that We transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, contact the Star Recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to this privacy notice
We may occasionally change this privacy notice. When We do, the "last updated" date at the top of this page will also change. Any changes to this privacy notice will apply to you and your data immediately. If these changes affect how your personal data is processed, We will take reasonable steps to let you know.