At Star, we connect strategy, insights, design, and engineering into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way—no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our multidisciplinary teams to create superior solutions and impressive commercial returns for our clients.
Star is truly global. That is why we are the first major consulting company that does not have headquarters. Instead, we have many front doors, spanning Silicon Valley, Tokyo, London, Munich, Copenhagen, Kyiv, Wroclaw, Ho Chi Minh City, and other vibrant design, technology, and creative nuclei of the world. Our spirited and growing 750+ strong Star Crew takes great pride in working side by side with their trailblazing counterparts at some of the world’s most disruptive “unicorn” startups and iconic global brands like Lufthansa, Dolby Laboratories, BMW, Panasonic, Walmart, and Zeiss.
Our mission is to make every great person, every great idea, and every great company shine. That’s why we’re called Star.
We are looking for a talented Automation QA Engineer to become a core member of our new projects. As an Automation QA Engineer at Star, you will handle a significant part of the project, work closely with the clients and be part of a team that creates useful, scalable products and solutions for real users. When you join our ranks, you will work closely with world-class technology entrepreneurs from the world’s most prominent innovation hubs. These include Silicon Valley, Scandinavia, United Kingdom, Germany, and many other countries that may require business trips.
The Project is a FinTech startup. We will build a unique WEB platform, for tech based entrepreneurs to have the peace of mind that they can meet their investors goals and access the financial expertise they need from their advisors.
- Qualifications & experience:
- 5+ years of experience in software quality assurance (web applications);
- Understanding of SCRUM processes;
- Understanding of testing principles, methodologies and techniques;
- Experience with requirements validation;
- Understanding of the way Web works – client-server architecture;
- Basic SQL knowledge;
- Experience Linux/Unix-based systems, CLI;
- Experience with version control system (Git or Mercurial);
- Understanding of CI concepts, test environments schemes;
- Experience in establishing test process, organizing test reporting and presenting results to the customer;
- Experience in delivery process improvement;
- Upper-Intermediate level of spoken and written English.
- Experience in creation WEB automation frameworks from scratch;
- Experience as a contact person for QA-related matters;
- A computer science degree or similar.
As an Automation QA Engineer, you’ll be responsible for the quality of web products. Day to day work would imply:
- Establishing and maintaining of the test and QA procedures on a project, assuring the product quality on a daily basis in accordance with the deadlines;
- Creating and managing test documentation like QA and test plans, test cases, check lists, bug reports, test reports, etc.;
- Driving exploratory and scripted testing processes;
- Product requirements analysis and validation;
- Gathering QA/test metrics and reporting to QA Leads and the client;
- Being a part of the Agile delivery team, working closely with development/design/product management to coordinate the effort;
- Taking part in continuous process improvement;
- Delivering high quality results during the product testing;
- Communication with the client on a regular basis;
- Processing client feedback on product quality.
Compensations and Benefits
We offer a rewarding compensation and benefits package, intellectually and creatively stimulating environment, professional flexibility and unique international travel opportunities.
Star is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that equity, diversity and inclusion are key to our ability to provide our clients and crew members with unique business and career outcomes. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability have no effect on our hiring decisions. If you have a special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.