Please note that to work remotely, you should be a resident of the country specified in the job description.
At Star, we connect strategy, insights, design, and engineering into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way—no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our multidisciplinary teams to create superior solutions and impressive commercial returns for our clients.
Star is truly global. That is why we are the first major consulting company that does not have headquarters. Instead, we have many front doors, spanning Silicon Valley, Tokyo, London, Munich, Copenhagen, Kyiv, Wroclaw, Ho Chi Minh City, and other vibrant design, technology, and creative nuclei of the world. Our spirited and growing 750+ strong Star Crew takes great pride in working side by side with their trailblazing counterparts at some of the world’s most disruptive “unicorn” startups and iconic global brands like Lufthansa, Dolby Laboratories, BMW, Panasonic, Walmart, and Zeiss.
Our mission is to make every great person, every great idea, and every great company shine. That’s why we’re called Star.
Our client is a worldwide leader in the advertising industry and specializes in digital marketing services that integrate technology, data, inventory, and human intelligence to reach and manage the most profitable audiences for its customers. We are working with them on a group of web-based products designed to improve and optimize business processes, reduce time spent on routine tasks, manage activities and monitor results.
Our role is to ensure quality across all lifecycle stages, including automation of UI and the API parts of the application. We’re using the following technology stack: TypeScript, Protractor, Cucumber, Cypress for UI automation and Java, JUnit, RestAssured, Cucumber for API tests.
The role assumes the following activities:
- Preparation, execution and support of test scenarios;
- API tests automation using Java;
- Manual features testing;
- SCRUM meetings and communication with the customer.
Qualifications and experience:
- 4+ years of experience in software quality assurance with a focus on web applications;
- Understanding of CI concepts;
- A practical understanding of agile delivery;
- An upper-intermediate level of English or above.
- Experience with Cypress and Protractor;
- A desire to contribute to Front-End/Back-End development is encouraged;
- Experience with SQL;
- Experience as a contact person for QA-related matters;
- A computer science degree or similar.
- Provide technical guidance for the automation engineering team (currently two team members);
- Collaborate with the automation QA team to support the development of a lean, stable automation testing framework;
- Research up-to-date automation techniques and tools;
- Build and support automation tools for stable and efficient automation execution;
- Provide code reviews for automation engineers;
- Report automation team status on a regular basis and plan sprint scope;
- Manage internal/external team communication.
Compensations and Benefits
We offer a rewarding compensation and benefits package, intellectually and creatively stimulating environment, professional flexibility and unique international travel opportunities.
Star is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that equity, diversity and inclusion are key to our ability to provide our clients and crew members with unique business and career outcomes. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability have no effect on our hiring decisions. If you have a special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.