At Star, we connect strategy, insights, design, and engineering into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way—no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our multidisciplinary teams to create superior solutions and impressive commercial returns for our clients.
Star is truly global. That is why we are the first major consulting company that does not have headquarters. Instead, we have many front doors, spanning Silicon Valley, Tokyo, London, Munich, Copenhagen, Kyiv, Wroclaw, Ho Chi Minh City, and other vibrant design, technology, and creative nuclei of the world. Our spirited and growing 750+ strong Star Crew takes great pride in working side by side with their trailblazing counterparts at some of the world’s most disruptive “unicorn” startups and iconic global brands like Lufthansa, Dolby Laboratories, BMW, Panasonic, Walmart, and Zeiss.
Our mission is to make every great person, every great idea, and every great company shine. That’s why we’re called Star.
Our client is an innovative company that builds a platform for businesses of all types, from restaurants to retail businesses and the service industry. The platform offers end-to-end digital solutions that make running and growing a business very easy. In a nutshell, the list of services includes, but is not limited to, an advanced reporting system, online appointment booking, managing loyalty programs, tracking of customer reviews, creation of websites, companion mobile apps, online ordering for restaurants, payroll processing, and more.
- 7+ years of experience as a Back-end Engineer (Node.js or Java; Kafka, PostgreSQL, DB query optimization, data structure, and algorithms);
- Understanding of app architecture;
- Tech lead/architect experience;
- Understanding of continuous integration and continuous delivery;
- Understanding of microservices approaches and practices;
- Experience with AWS (at least 1 year);
- Experience with ETL;
- Excellent communication skills in English. The ability to lead business and technology discussions directly with Star’s commercial teams as well as with clients and prospective clients;
- Experience with Go will be a plus;
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with design-driven problem solving and product development approaches;
- Experience in working with and leading distributed international development teams;
- Experience with compliance documentation creation (SoP);
- Familiarity with data architecture or data science;
- Understanding of OWASP security practices.
- Take part in client and prospective client meetings, capture technical notes, create technical documentation, and provide reference documents for offshore production teams;
- Take part in client and prospective client workshops, investigate client requests and problems, and analyze options and propose solutions;
- Along with the rest of the team, craft compelling proposals and pitches that are built on a strong narrative and are technically state-of-the-art;
- Facilitate and assist product delivery teams in planning and managing the execution of software development projects through all steps of the development lifecycle;
- Hands-on contribution to system and software architecture definition and software implementation of software development projects;
- Contribute to defining and enhancing our global FinTech industry;
- Adapting to the ever-changing industry and team’s needs.
Compensations and Benefits
We offer a rewarding compensation and benefits package, intellectually and creatively stimulating environment, professional flexibility and unique international travel opportunities.
Star is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that equity, diversity and inclusion are key to our ability to provide our clients and crew members with unique business and career outcomes. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability have no effect on our hiring decisions. If you have a special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.