We’re looking for an energetic, empathetic, and execution-oriented Business Development professional, who is experienced with, and passionate about, the Health & Wellness industry.
You will support our sales growth in DACH & BENELUX by positioning our Health & Wellness services portfolio (Strategy Consulting, Design Services, Software Development). You should be passionate about working with clients and internal stakeholders to shape relationships, opportunities, and deals that meet their needs and leverage our unique value proposition.
You will work inside the commercial team in our Munich office, reporting to the Managing Director, and you will contribute to, and benefit from, our global Health & Wellness industry group.
Qualifications & Experience
● 5+ years of sales/business development experience. Some of your sales experience
must be in selling design, engineering or consulting services within the Health & Wellness industry
● Thought leadership and specific knowledge of key topics including emerging
technology trends and cutting-edge developments within the industry
● Ability to identify and open new accounts as well as having an existing network in the Health &Wellness industry
● Experience using consultative approaches to bring new clients on board through a disarming attitude and an empathetic and strategic mindset
● Proven ability to consistently meet and over-achieve sales targets
● Demonstrated capability to manage all phases of the business development process, from market planning, personal outreach, lead identification to deal development
● Understanding of regulatory environments
● Fluently spoken and written English & German
Nice to have:
● Experience with software platforms and technologies (web, mobile, cloud, embedded), and an early adopter mindset with a passion for the latest technology trends, apps, gadgets, and companies
● Exposure to technology startups and corporate innovation ecosystems – either through direct employment, client relationships, or personal network
● A balance of self-starter mentality and ability to adhere to processes
● The ability to motivate and capture an audience with storytelling and being a big-picture thinker
● A strong network within senior H&W and innovation management communities, spanning startups, corporate intrapreneurs, and influencers
● Agile, open-minded, and comfortable with ambiguity
● Self-driven, quick learner, and decisive
As a Business Developer at Star, you are expected to manage and excel in all phases of the business development cycle:
● Work with the Managing Director & H&W Global Practice lead to define a go-to- market strategy for H&W in the DACH region
● Generate leads from industry and networking events, working with our marketing team to ensure the appropriate field support
● Own all Health & Wellness new business in DACH region
● Define marketing campaigns and generate high-quality content to generate inbound leads
● Reach out to your existing rolodex of customers in the H&W network to develop new leads
● Nurture your leads whether they originate from your own efforts, referrals, marketing programs, or our inside sales team
● Identify and prioritize opportunities and collaborate with our pre-sales team to create winning proposals
● Own your sales funnel ensuring that enough leads are touched at the top and managed through each stage of the funnel to become high quality and winnable deals
● Spend a significant portion of time in the field, developing and leveraging relationships through personal meetings, presentations, networking, speaking engagements, or social outings
● Manage existing customer relationships with project managers to ensure service delivery is satisfactory by maintaining project profitability and customer satisfaction targets
● Work closely with the existing commercial team in the DACH region to win qualified deals, either by supporting their effort to close your leads or taking your own leads all the way to a close deal
Star is a global technology company that connects strategy, design, and engineering services and helps companies to accelerate their product innovation. We support our customers every step of the co-creation way — from ideation and concept crafting to full-stack development and putting solutions into the hands and minds of end-users.
Star works for businesses in a variety of industries, including Automotive & Mobility, Health & Wellness, FinTech, and others.
Customers include Panasonic, Lotus, Zeiss, NIO, and Lufthansa.
Compensations and Benefits
Star offers a competitive and rewarding salary and benefits package, as well as an intellectually and creatively stimulating work environment, flexibility, and unique international travel opportunities