Our client is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of eyeglass lenses and ophthalmologic instruments. The business group develops and produces offerings for the entire eyeglass value chain that is distributed globally.
We are working on a web solution that delivers an innovative telemedicine system which enables the stores without optical doctor services to provide remote refraction exams to their customers.
You’ll join a distributed team, building an innovative solution that integrates with optical medical devices, for one of the leaders in the industry. DevOps brings a fundamental change in collaboration – the recognition of the fact that there’s one entity standing behind a successful product: The delivery team.
We care about simplicity. We believe in the Agile Manifesto, which is about finding better ways of software development. Our everyday practice involves virtualization, containerization, dealing with the Cloud, networking, configuring management systems, deploying automation and much, much more. “Co-creation” is an appropriate term to describe what we’re all about. Join us and get involved!
- Strong Linux/Unix administration skills
- Software lifecycle management experience
- Networking fundamentals (switching, routing, load balancing)
- Versioning (Git, SVN, etc.)
- Scripting/programming skills (Bash, Python/Ruby, etc.)
- Monitoring tools (Grafana, Nagios, Cacti, etc.)
- Experience with relational DBMS (MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.)
- Excellent written communication and the ability to communicate verbally with the customer (English)
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent work experience)
DevOps skills (at least two of the following)
- Configuration management (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt, etc.)
- Cloud/virtualization experience (Azure, AWS, Docker ecosystem, KVM/XEN, Vagrant etc.)
- Cloud orchestration (Terraform, CloudFormation, etc.)
- Continuous Integration/Delivery (Jenkins, GitLab CI, Bamboo, TeamCity, etc.)
- Practice experience with MS Azure Cloud
- NoSQL DB knowledge (Redis, Memcached, MongoDB, Cassandra, etc.)
- Understanding of containerization concepts, scheduling and orchestration systems
- Understanding of Distributed Systems concepts, High Availability, vertical and horizontal scalability
- Log analytics (ELK stack, Sumologic, Splunk, etc.)
Star is a global consultancy that connects strategy, design, engineering and marketing services into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way – no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our strategists, designers and engineers to create useful, scalable products and solutions. We are 750 strategists, designers, engineers and marketers in 12 locations around the world, and we are here to make every great idea, every great person and every great company shine. That is why we’re called Star.
Compensation and Benefits
Star offers a competitive and rewarding salary and benefits package as well as an intellectually and creatively stimulating work environment. You will find professional flexibility, new ways of working and unique international travel opportunities.