We are looking for a motivated and ambitious FinTech Product Manager to take on a unique pre-sales & delivery role focused on challenging, elevating, and inspiring Star’s prospective clients, and positioning us as the product development partner of choice.
This role, based in London (open for other European locations), will be a critical contributor to driving sales and strategic growth both for Star’s UK practice, as well as its global Fintech proposition. The FinTech Product Manager will report to Star’s Fintech Product Director, and work closely with the FinTech Global Managing Director. Spanning both geographic and FinTech industry globally, his/her key responsibilities will be to:
- Helping identify, pursue, and lead high potential pre-sales opportunities
- Own and deliver strategic client product development
- Kickstart customer projects, with a particular focus on establishing the scope and roadmap
The ideal candidate has a technology solutions background (preferred technical consulting, professional services, time at a start-up or in a product management role), as well as an entrepreneurial mindset and is someone willing to roll up their sleeves and contribute to the growth and vitality of Star.
Charisma, ambition, and confidence will be essential, yet the successful candidate will also need to be humble, disarming, and above all a team player. We value pragmatism, which to us means creating real solutions to real challenges for real people. Last but not least, attention to detail and always striving to do better is critical because ‘good enough’ is never good enough.
Due to its matrixed nature, the ideal candidate will also need to be nimble, highly commercial, and able to operate autonomously at a C-Suite level. You should be dedicated to building partnerships, collaborating with customers to understand their needs, identifying complex business and technical challenges, creating winning propositions and proposals, as well as architecting, planning, and managing the development of technology solutions that create a deep and tangible impact.
Whilst the role is pre-sales in its focus, you will collaborate with technical delivery teams to support your initiatives and define delivery approaches and work packages for new engagements. As customer opportunities turn into projects and programs, you will support the core project team’s efforts as a subject matter expert, and lead select research, discovery, and delivery engagements. You will also partner with other Technology Directors globally as well as with Star Project Management, Product Management, Customer Success, Design, and CTO offices to share best practices, and contribute to the creation and expansion of our technology, product management, and solutions delivery practices.
You will also be central to further developing and refining our brand both in UK territory and for our global Fintech practice. Technology Directors are some of our most prominent thought leaders, and you will have the opportunity to have your thoughts, ideas, and perspectives crafted into public thought leadership, as well as helping to educate fellow team members globally on key trends. A strong point of view, and a preparedness to share it in verbal or written form (whether that be with clients, or as wider thought pieces, webinars, presentations, or some other form of marketing) will be essential.
- 7+ years of professional experience in agile software development, or in technology consulting or sales (with a strong technology background);
- Deep understanding of software development processes, including agile engineering, QA, DevOps practices;
- Hands-on experience in engineering complex software solutions, within all of cloud, web and mobile layers;
- Experience with, and a strong interest in, supporting pre-sales activities, leading client workshops and meetings, and a real desire to be with customers;
- Demonstrated experience in FinTech, and ideally banking, insurance or with start-ups, demonstrating wider experience in other categories;
- Excellent spoken and written English;
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally 10-20% of the time.
Nice to have:
- Experience with Depth Payments, e-Commerce and Open Banking;
- Prior work experience in a Consulting/Architecture position within a software and/or services company;
- Experience with the entrepreneurial dynamics of a start-up;
- Second European language (French, German).
- Analysis of technology aspects of prospective client’s businesses and identification of their technology-related needs and challenges;
- Prospective client-facing communication in business development contexts, from early exploratory discussions to Q’n’A sessions, through to final pitch presentations. This entails being comfortable in front of C-level audiences;
- In coordination with the rest of the participating team, planning and facilitating workshops with customers to define high-level system and software architectures as well as solution scope. As part of that, being comfortable with the white-board and workshop-style problem analysis;
- Crafting compelling proposals and pitches that are built on a strong narrative, and are technically state-of-the-art;
- Contributing to thought leadership and other marketing initiatives via internal R&D initiatives and industry events participation, the publication of white papers and blog posts, organization of webinars, etc.;
- Contributing to refining and enhancing software development and business development processes;
- Contributing to delivery projects, helping to define the requirements and scope (in particular at the start of projects), overseeing the product delivery, and acting as counterpart to key customer stakeholders.
Star is a global technology company that connects strategy, design and engineering services and helps companies to accelerate their product innovation.
We support our customers every step of the co-creation way — from ideation and concept crafting to full-stack development and putting solutions into hands and minds of end-users.
Star works for businesses in a variety of industries, including Automotive & Mobility, Health & Wellness, FinTech and others. Customers include Panasonic, Lotus, Zeiss, NIO and Lufthansa.
Compensations and Benefits
Star offers a competitive and rewarding salary and benefits package as well as an intellectually and creatively stimulating work environment. You will find professional flexibility, new ways of working and unique international travel opportunities.