We are looking for a Front-End Engineer to become a core member of our new projects. You will handle the entire product development or a significant part of it. You will work closely with the clients, determine the product functionality, define the architecture, and estimate the overall work. When you join our ranks, you will work closely with world-class technology entrepreneurs from the world’s most prominent innovation hubs. These include Scandinavia, the United Kingdom, Japan, and many other countries which may require business trips.
Qualifications & Experience
- 3+ years of experience as a Front-End Engineer (web, mobile, enterprise projects)
- Experience with Angular and Angular.js
- Experience with writing semantic HTML5, CSS3 and CSS preprocessors like Sass and Less
- Expert developing against RESTful APIs
- Understanding of app/browser performance and techniques / cross-browser/platform issues
- Upper-Intermediate level of spoken and written English
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of different modern JS frameworks (React.js, Vue.js)
- Knowledge of the Japanese language
- Knowledge of platforms for mobile native apps development (React Native)
- Development of the new functionality to support existing web application with reasonable coverage by unit/integration tests
- Participation in the code review sessions
- Use of own judgment to determine the optimal solution to recommend
- Generally interact with peers and/or management levels with the ability to communicate technical information effectively both written and verbally
- Determination and following of the methods and procedures on new assignments with minimal guidance
- Actively participate in daily standups, project breakdown, estimation and retrospective meetings
- Working toward a common goal first
- Always being ready to help
- Willingly sharing useful knowledge
- Going the extra mile to get things done
- Living up to commitments and expectations
- Taking responsibility for decisions
- Thinking constructively to find win\win solutions
- Treating people equally and with respect
Star is a global technology company that connects strategy, design, and engineering services and helps companies to accelerate their product innovation. We support our customers every step of the co-creation way — from ideation and concept crafting to full-stack development and putting solutions into the hands and minds of end-users.
Star works for businesses in a variety of industries, including Automotive & Mobility, Health & Wellness, FinTech, and others.
Customers include Panasonic, Lotus, Zeiss, NIO, and Lufthansa.
Compensation and Benefits
Star offers a competitive and rewarding salary and benefits package as well as an intellectually and creatively stimulating work environment. You will find professional flexibility, new ways of working, and unique international travel opportunities.