Please note that to work remotely, you should be a resident of the country specified in the job description.
As a member of the Marketing Web team, the QA Engineer will be our voice of reason for the quality of the software we deliver and a guiding force for the processes we maintain through all our professional activities. You will be responsible for managing and executing testing activities, actively participating in dev team Agile process adjustments and communicating with key stakeholders and product users.
At Star, we connect strategy, insights, design and engineering into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way—no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our multidisciplinary teams to create superior solutions and impressive commercial returns for our clients.
Star is truly global. That is why we are the first major consulting company that does not have headquarters. Instead, we have many front doors spanning Silicon Valley, Tokyo, London, Munich, Copenhagen, Kyiv, Wroclaw, Ho Chi Minh City and other vibrant design, technology and creative nuclei of the world. Our spirited and growing 750+ strong Star Crew takes great pride in working side by side with their trailblazing counterparts at some of the world’s most disruptive “unicorn” startups and iconic global brands like Lufthansa, Dolby Laboratories, BMW, Panasonic, Walmart and Zeiss.
Our mission is to make every great person, every great idea, and every great company shine. That’s why we’re called Star.
We are looking for a confident Front-End Engineer proficient with React and next.js, has hands-on experience in building the front-end part of RESTful web applications with server-side rendering and pays great attention to app architecture, including UX / UI, performance and security aspects.
You'll report directly to the Technical Product Owner and be an integral part of our Marketing Web Team. You'll also be in close contact with our Marketing Team, designers, content managers, SEO and social media managers.
- Responsible for new features and microservices development, including updates and fixes for existing source code of the front-end application, which is built with next.js and React;
- Analyze software requirements and technical task and provide high-level solution sketches and development estimates;
- Encounter root causes of website performance issues and drive relevant updates on the front-end side, taking infrastructure and back-end specifics;
- Ensure the quality of developed functionality and/or bug fixes;
- Help QA engineers write efficient test scenarios and cover developed functionality with relevant test cases;
- Work closely with the designers to adjust UI/UX solutions for existing mockups, various viewports and cross-platform/cross-browser audiences;
- Participate in web team Agile process activities such as groomings, estimates sessions, daily syncs and demo sessions.
- 3+ years of experience as a Front-End Engineer (primarily in web);
- 1+ year of production experience with React/Redux, next.js, SSR, developing against RESTful APIs;
- Expert in writing semantic HTML5, building responsive and fluid markups using CSS3 and pre-processors (Sass, Less);
- Proficiency in creating cross-browser/cross-platform compatible websites;
- Strong skills in debugging, exploring existing code base and handling possible dependencies issues during new features development;
- Confident level of version control (Git) usage, branching models, various Git flows and code reviews;
- Experience in UAT process support, including issues tracking and resolving;
- Upper-intermediate level of English.
- Understanding of technical criteria for good SEO ranking;
- Confident Jira and Confluence user;
- Understanding of Agile methodologies and their attributes (Scrum, Kanban);
- Basic experience with CI tools (Jenkins, GitLab CI);
- Fast-paced, highly collaborative and team-oriented mindset;
- Understanding the idea and usage specifics of CMS-driven websites.
Compensations and Benefits
We offer a rewarding compensation and benefits package, intellectually and creatively stimulating environment, professional flexibility and unique international travel opportunities.
Star is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that equity, diversity and inclusion are key to our ability to provide our clients and crew members with unique business and career outcomes. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability have no effect on our hiring decisions. If you have a special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.