Star is a global consultancy that connects strategy, design, engineering and marketing services into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way – no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our strategists, designers and engineers to create useful, scalable products and solutions. We are 750 strategists, designers, engineers and marketers in 12 locations around the world, and we are here to make every great idea, every great person and every great company shine. That is why we’re called Star.
We’re looking for passionate Industrial Design students to join our team in Munich for a 5-8 months internship. Based in our Munich design studio, you will join a fast-growing team of designers that work across physical and digital product domains. Your global team of colleagues includes software and hardware technologists — together you will be tasked with creating industry-defining products.
- Pursuing a product or industrial design program in Europe
- Flexibility, open-mindedness and the desire to learn
- Proactive, solution-oriented and motivated team player
- Strong ability to formulate, visualise and prototype innovative ideas
- Solid understanding of manufacturing processes
- Strong skills in 2D and 3D design software (Adobe Creative Suite, Rhinoceros or Solid Works)
Nice to have:
- Passion for designing smart products that bridge the gap between digital and physical experiences
- Ability to establish empathy with end users to understand their problems and needs
- Excellent spoken and written English
Work on project teams to design exceptional products – from generating insights and ideas, to crafting concepts and designs, to refining and delivering an implementable solution – you will participate and add value to the entire design process.
Compensation and Benefits
Star offers a competitive and rewarding salary and benefits package, as well as an intellectually and creatively stimulating work environment, flexibility, and unique international travel opportunities.