At Star, we connect strategy, insights, design, and engineering into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way—no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our multidisciplinary teams to create superior solutions and impressive commercial returns for our clients.
Star is truly global. That is why we are the first major consulting company that does not have headquarters. Instead, we have many front doors, spanning Silicon Valley, Tokyo, London, Munich, Copenhagen, Kyiv, Wroclaw, Ho Chi Minh City, and other vibrant design, technology, and creative nuclei of the world. Our spirited and growing 750+ strong Star Crew takes great pride in working side by side with their trailblazing counterparts at some of the world’s most disruptive “unicorn” startups and iconic global brands like Lufthansa, Dolby Laboratories, BMW, Panasonic, Walmart, and Zeiss.
Our mission is to make every great person, every great idea, and every great company shine. That’s why we’re called Star.
The Star IT Support Team is looking for a team player who is willing to work, learn and grow their career with us. The position provides an opportunity to gain practical experience in end-user support, using customer-oriented approaches, as well as developing system administration skills and growing as an IT professional. We are looking for a highly motivated team member who will quickly learn to perform basic responsibilities at a good level, moving on to develop system administration skills.
- Customer-focused with good communication skills and loves helping people solving problems;
- Good spoken and written English;
- Excellent troubleshooting skills;
- Experience with maintenance and troubleshooting of laptops and other hardware;
- The ability to learn fast and to work autonomously as well as within a team;
- Responsible mindset, eager to improve upon in-place processes to make IT services more efficient;
- Has an interest in the latest news in the world of hardware, software and information security;
- Windows, Linux, and optionally Mac OS system administration experience;
- Basic knowledge of networking.
- User support: resolving incoming requests in a friendly and customer-focused way;
- Track open tickets, prioritize and document resolution of end-user requests, as well as handling occasional in-person requests. Know and follow internal processes;
- Manage day-to-day operations of the internal corporate systems, including users, group management, customization and automation setup;
- Support Audio/Video Conferencing hardware and software;
- Purchase and setup of new equipment, update the inventory database
- Building and improving system administration skills on Linux servers, networking equipment, cloud infrastructure, and scripted automation33.
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a rewarding compensation and benefits package, intellectually and creatively stimulating environment, professional flexibility and unique international travel opportunities.
Star is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that equity, diversity and inclusion are key to our ability to provide our clients and crew members with unique business and career outcomes. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability have no effect on our hiring decisions. If you have a special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.