At Star, we connect strategy, insights, design, and engineering into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way—no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our multidisciplinary teams to create superior solutions and impressive commercial returns for our clients.
Star is truly global. That is why we are the first major consulting company that does not have headquarters. Instead, we have many front doors, spanning Silicon Valley, Tokyo, London, Munich, Copenhagen, Kyiv, Wroclaw, Ho Chi Minh City, and other vibrant design, technology, and creative nuclei of the world. Our spirited and growing 750+ strong Star Crew takes great pride in working side by side with their trailblazing counterparts at some of the world’s most disruptive “unicorn” startups and iconic global brands like Lufthansa, Dolby Laboratories, BMW, Panasonic, Walmart, and Zeiss.
Our mission is to make every great person, every great idea, and every great company shine. That’s why we’re called Star.
Our client is fast developing fintech unicorn startup from EU that is building an events tracking solution to bring their customer’s purchasing experience to the next level. The solution will track, store and analyze user’s events (for example, user clicks, actions, scroll, funnel, etc.). The client aims to create custom solution that will handle the huge and increasing amount of data.
Qualifications and experience:
- Spring (Core, Security, Data, Boot);
- 5+ years of commercial experience in software development with Java;
- Strong Java Core and Spring Framework work experience;
- Experience with relational databases (PostgreSQL would be a plus);
- Knowledge of OOP/OOD, architecture, and design patterns;
- Comprehensive experience using Git/GitHub;
- Curious about current tech trends and developments;
- Strong communication skills;
- Good English and willingness to speak directly to the customer.
Would be a plus:
- Experience with developing high load systems and utilization of message queue engines such as Apache Kafka, Amazon SQS, etc.;
- Experience working with Terraform, Kafka, Elasticsearch, REST APIs, Apache Druid, Typescript, SQL and AWS.
- Participate in requirement analysis, research implementation ways, and possibilities;
- Proactively engage in research, discussions, and decisions on software architecture and internal coding style, architecture, process, and other standard establishments;
- Design, develop, and maintain efficient, reusable and reliable code;
- Write unit and integration tests;
- Collaborate with the team members and customer representatives;,
- Perform code reviews and share best practices with colleagues.
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a rewarding compensation and benefits package, intellectually and creatively stimulating environment, professional flexibility and unique international travel opportunities.
Star is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that equity, diversity and inclusion are key to our ability to provide our clients and crew members with unique business and career outcomes. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability have no effect on our hiring decisions. If you have a special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.