At Star, we connect strategy, insights, design, and engineering into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way—no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our multidisciplinary teams to create superior solutions and impressive commercial returns for our clients.
Star is truly global. That is why we are the first major consulting company that does not have headquarters. Instead, we have many front doors, spanning Silicon Valley, Tokyo, London, Munich, Copenhagen, Kyiv, Wroclaw, Ho Chi Minh City, and other vibrant design, technology, and creative nuclei of the world. Our spirited and growing 750+ strong Star Crew takes great pride in working side by side with their trailblazing counterparts at some of the world’s most disruptive “unicorn” startups and iconic global brands like Lufthansa, Dolby Laboratories, BMW, Panasonic, Walmart, and Zeiss.
Our mission is to make every great person, every great idea, and every great company shine. That’s why we’re called Star.
You will have a chance to be responsible for the architecture of decisions and will help shape the final product vision – and corresponding technical Solutions – in close collaboration with the client. This includes leading the team, traveling to client sites, multiple workshops, and brainstorming sessions. There are multiple interesting challenges along the way, including Microservices engagement, managing and maintaining a bunch of integrations with external service providers.
- 5+ years of Java development experience;
- Experience developing Java Web applications in AWS cloud;
- Good notion of RESTful services;
- Experience with designing, building, and deploying applications from scratch;
- Strong knowledge of Java 8, Spring (Spring Boot, Web, Data, Security);
- Hands-on experience with RDBMS and ORM (Hibernate);
- Advanced level of English and ability to communicate with a client directly.
Nice to have:
- Experience with RabbitMQ, Amazon SQS;
- 2+ years of Team Leading experience;
- Understanding of Microservices approaches and practices;
- Passion for various engineering practices and proper process setup;
- Experience with Docker;
- Experience with Angular.
- Adapts existing methods and procedures to create alternative solutions to moderately complex problems;
- Understands the strategic direction set by senior management as it relates to team goals;
- Uses own judgment to determine the optimal solution to recommend;
- Primary upward interaction is with direct supervisor or teams leads. Generally interacts with peers and/or management levels;
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments with minimal guidance;
- Manages medium-small sized teams and/or work efforts.
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a rewarding compensation and benefits package, intellectually and creatively stimulating environment, professional flexibility and unique international travel opportunities.
Star is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that equity, diversity and inclusion are key to our ability to provide our clients and crew members with unique business and career outcomes. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability have no effect on our hiring decisions. If you have a special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.