Please note that to work remotely, you should be a resident of the country specified in the job description.
At Star, we connect strategy, insights, design, and engineering into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way—no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our multidisciplinary teams to create superior solutions and impressive commercial returns for our clients.
Star is truly global. That is why we are the first major consulting company that does not have headquarters. Instead, we have many front doors, spanning Silicon Valley, Tokyo, London, Munich, Copenhagen, Kyiv, Wroclaw, Ho Chi Minh City, and other vibrant design, technology, and creative nuclei of the world. Our spirited and growing 750+ strong Star Crew takes great pride in working side by side with their trailblazing counterparts at some of the world’s most disruptive “unicorn” startups and iconic global brands like Lufthansa, Dolby Laboratories, BMW, Panasonic, Walmart, and Zeiss.
Our mission is to make every great person, every great idea, and every great company shine. That’s why we’re called Star.
The project is focused on design and delivery of the platform solution for one of the world’s leading creative advertising brands. The concept of the platform may be described as a cross-organization “operating system”, a centralized hub for distributed innovation. The platform will become an entry point to different target audiences keen on using their own and 3rd party digital products while contributing to the development of new applications.
Qualifications and experience:
- Spring (Core, Security, Data, Boot);
- Strong Java Concurrency knowledge;
- 3+ years of commercial experience in software development with Java;
- Strong Java Core and Spring Framework work experience;
- Knowledge of OOP/OOD, architecture, and design patterns;
- Comprehensive experience using Git/GitHub;
- Curious about current tech trends and developments;
- Strong communication skills;
- Good English and willingness to speak directly to the customer.
Would be a plus:
- Experience with working with ElasticSearch engine;
- Experience with developing high load systems and utilization of message queue; engines such as Apache Kafka, Amazon SQS, etc.
- Participate in requirements analysis, research implementation ways, and possibilities;
- Proactively engage in research, discussions, and decisions on software architecture and internal coding style, architecture, process, and another standard establishments;
- Design, develop, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code;
- Write unit and integration tests;
- Collaborate with the team members and customer representatives;
- Perform code reviews and share best practices with colleagues.
Compensations and Benefits
We offer a rewarding compensation and benefits package, intellectually and creatively stimulating environment, professional flexibility and unique international travel opportunities.
Star is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that equity, diversity and inclusion are key to our ability to provide our clients and crew members with unique business and career outcomes. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability have no effect on our hiring decisions. If you have a special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.