Star is a global consultancy that connects strategy, design, engineering and marketing services into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way – no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our strategists, designers and engineers to create useful, scalable products and solutions. We are 750 strategists, designers, engineers and marketers in 12 locations around the world, and we are here to make every great idea, every great person and every great company shine. That is why we’re called Star.
Are you excited by the opportunity to have an impact on a developing brand? We are looking for a proactive Junior Marketing Specialist to join our expanding marketing team and help us in our overall marketing efforts.
Reporting to the Senior Marketing Manager, the Marketing Specialist is responsible for assisting in all areas of marketing and communications. This is a varied, hands-on role that involves global events management, lead generation support and tracking, branded merchandise ownership and internal marketing.
You need to have a natural eye for what looks good, be energetic, creative, curious and confident. We’re looking for someone who is full of ideas and not shy about expressing them. You need to be happy to get your hands dirty and have a go at using new tools, rocking the boat and achieving goals both within our team and on your own.
At Star, we work hard to ensure we create maximum outcomes. As our Marketing Specialist, attention to detail and always striving to do better is critical, because ‘good enough’ is never good enough.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A marketing, economics or business degree
- A minimum of 2 years of marketing experience, preferably with a B2B technology company
- Experience in executing and coordinating events
- Strong English-language writing and speaking skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail and an instinct for quality assurance (QA)
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced, hyper-growth environment
- Proactive, outgoing, personable and confident when talking to vendors, global teams and stakeholders
- Develop internal communications such as the monthly newsletter and other alerts
- Support, coordinate and organize global events
- Work with multiple stakeholders, collect input and requirements, plan and execute
- Support Star locations in organizing local marketing events
- Keep track and report on event campaigns progress and results in Salesforce
- Own branded merchandise program. Ideate on branded items, order samples, select the best ones and execute on ordering for stock
- Work with our People Partners department to develop and leverage employer branding
It would be an advantage if you have:
- CRM management, and Salesforce in particular, experience
- Experience with SaaS customer marketing/campaign tools (e.g. HubSpot, Marketo, MailChimp etc.)
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator
Compensation and Benefits
Star offers a competitive and rewarding salary and benefits package, as well as an intellectually and creatively stimulating work environment. You will find professional flexibility, new ways of working and unique international travel opportunities.